Would like some buying advice please!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Sorry mate, I meant the car you are looking at is better specced than the dealers ebay advert states.

It looks like an FR Black. Liking the black roof too.

Last edited:

Jamie7

Oct 5, 2011
Cornwall
Sorry mate, I meant the car you are looking at is better specced than the dealers ebay advert states.

It looks like an FR Black. Liking the black roof too.
Ah yes I understand now. Yep I agree, hopefully it's good condition in person!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The going price for FR Black is more like 9000, from looking at autotrader. I'd look at standard FR nearer to 7000 if it was me.

10000 buy it now = complete joke.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd think that they are just being optimistic, so why not go and see it but have a fixed figure written down for changing in case you fall in love with it. Would this age of car not be priced to reflect the fact that a customer would be handing in something that they would give a generous trade in value on?

Get that maximum price that you would pay for this car written down now though - a must!

carlos47

May 3, 2018
Also, as a starter for ten, punch in the reg and mileage on autotrader as if your selling the car (or their valuation sheet but you have to sign in) suggests £8,750, obviously condition and private sale vs dealer there'll be a range, but shows 10k is way off.

Jamie7

Oct 5, 2011
Cornwall
Thanks for the advice. I popped by to have a quick look at the black one and was put off when the bonnet wasn't straight. Going to check out the white one soon!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Black one probably clanged at some point then. I find SEAT shutlines and body assembly generally very good (on the last 3 I've bought new)

Jamie7

Oct 5, 2011
Cornwall
I ended up purchasing the white one, picking it up next week. It has the xenon's, black pack and sun roof. Got a good part exchange price for my car so I'm happy!

They only just got it in, hence why it's a bit dirty. But good to see the 1 previous owner treated it well as it's in good shape.

Thank you everyone for your advice!

J

7b745d0ea15683b08f0984b841187481.jpg
6244a57c6ed8e25ffc4660815ab68a34.jpg
bd4f8a79b0185b414c3e6060ec4b384c.jpg

Reactions: Superman001

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I ended up purchasing the white one, picking it up next week. It has the xenon's, black pack and sun roof. Got a good part exchange price for my car so I'm happy!

They only just got it in, hence why it's a bit dirty. But good to see the 1 previous owner treated it well as it's in good shape.

Thank you everyone for your advice!

J

7b745d0ea15683b08f0984b841187481.jpg
6244a57c6ed8e25ffc4660815ab68a34.jpg
bd4f8a79b0185b414c3e6060ec4b384c.jpg

Bi Xenons are awesome...makes the car look better...so now I guess once you get it, fill her up with Shell's or Esso's finest for the first tank (the clean up the engine) , and maybe polish the dual exhaust pipes :)...

*Just noticed your Ibiza actually has those handles that passengers hold near the window/roof (eg...when you are driving fast!) Mine is an 2016 SC, but doesn't have those handles...or maybe it's only avaliable if with the sunroof.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie7

Jamie7

Oct 5, 2011
Cornwall
Bi Xenons are awesome...makes the car look better...so now I guess once you get it, fill her up with Shell's or Esso's finest for the first tank (the clean up the engine) , and maybe polish the dual exhaust pipes :)...

*Just noticed your Ibiza actually has those handles that passengers hold near the window/roof (eg...when you are driving fast!) Mine is an 2016 SC, but doesn't have those handles...or maybe it's only avaliable if with the sunroof.
That's my plan! Also I am going to buy a spare wheel kit for it, I've had bad past experiences with that tyre glue stuff.

Good spot on the handles... My mum's standard 15 plate fr doesn't have them either.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
That's my plan! Also I am going to buy a spare wheel kit for it, I've had bad past experiences with that tyre glue stuff.
Good spot on the handles... My mum's standard 15 plate fr doesn't have them either

The previous owner (at least from the pictures) didn't seem to curb the rims either. He or she must have been one careful owner. If you do, after washing them and drying the rims, I just applied a layer of black gloss nail polish, exact match! and it took awhile for me to find where I painted them over.

Jamie7

Oct 5, 2011
Cornwall
The previous owner (at least from the pictures) didn't seem to curb the rims either. He or she must have been one careful owner. If you do, after washing them and drying the rims, I just applied a layer of black gloss nail polish, exact match! and it took awhile for me to find where I painted them over.
The front two wheels are actually curb a bit... However the dealer agreed to get them refurbed. Okay good advice, thank you.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The front two wheels are actually curb a bit... However the dealer agreed to get them refurbed. Okay good advice, thank you.

Yes...either that...or get some alloygators in black or white... (no stress from parking by a curb). Although saying that...the wheels being 215s, tend to stick out past the rims a bit, for light contact with the kerb, anything more...yea...it'll still show white/shiny metal on black gloss rims...ugh...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members