Cupra 300 rain window closing?

mrQQ

Apr 6, 2018
Hello,

just got my brand new Cupra 300 ST 4drive. I've seen videos where windows are supposed to close when it starts raining. I tried, and it doesnt do that. Is this something that you have to code with obd11/carista or am I missing something?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hello,

just got my brand new Cupra 300 ST 4drive. I've seen videos where windows are supposed to close when it starts raining. I tried, and it doesnt do that. Is this something that you have to code with obd11/carista or am I missing something?

As far as I was aware it's something that has to be coded. Or done through OBD11 e.t.c. Not got a 300 yet though.

Instructions on OBD11 are in this thread

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/obdeleven-modifications.432976/page-2

Post#32

OBDeleven modifications

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Just be warned this is one of the most moaned about mods on the Leon. It works on some and not on others. I have seen on the spannish site that the new 300's it works on Windows but not the Sunroof (if you have one fitted), but if you dont have a sunroof fitted then it depends on the sensor. hopefully it will work on your car otherwise plan b is Lift the button.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just be warned this is one of the most moaned about mods on the Leon. It works on some and not on others. I have seen on the spannish site that the new 300's it works on Windows but not the Sunroof (if you have one fitted), but if you dont have a sunroof fitted then it depends on the sensor. hopefully it will work on your car otherwise plan b is Lift the button.
That's a shame I was hoping to have it working on my 300 - sunroof and all.

Cheers for the heads up

Deleted member 103408

Sorry for being flippant, Yes the warning is lots of people have problems getting it working, give a try you may be one of the lucky ones.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Lift the appropriate window button right up and it will close on it's own. Yes, I was being flippant because I despair of all the BS systems doing what a careful owner should do.
How would some people manage with the winders we used to use with muscle power alone?

Reactions: Scrogg

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Lift the appropriate window button right up and it will close on it's own. Yes, I was being flippant because I despair of all the BS systems doing what a careful owner should do.
How would some people manage with the winders we used to use with muscle power alone?

Well if that's how your going treat people that ask questions on this forum god help us.

Half the systems on these new cars are designed to do what a careful owner should do :)

Auto lights
Handsfree
Keyless
TPMS
Rain sensing wipers
Parking sensors/camera
Automatically folding wing mirrors
E.t.c

I'm sure those people would have managed just fine with the winders but just like me they would opt for electrically powered if it was on offer. Just like I'm sure they'd opt for power steering- also designed to make things easier for a careful driver :)

Yes I agree all this tech is making us lazy, but you weren't being helpful to the original poster. Not sure why you bothered to contribute.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrnBru and Daire92

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Because I have a philosophical, and practical objection to all the electronic nannies. They replace thinking and learning, and give a false sense of security.
For instance, if a driver is so disengaged and inept that he can't adjust his exterior mirrors correctly, why give him radar to do the job? Take his licence. Or retarded SUV drivers who think ESC is going to defy the laws of physics.
(This is not in reference to the OP by the way)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Because I have a philosophical, and practical objection to all the electronic nannies. They replace thinking and learning, and give a false sense of security.
For instance, if a driver is so disengaged and inept that he can't adjust his exterior mirrors correctly, why give him radar to do the job? Take his licence. Or retarded SUV drivers who think ESC is going to defy the laws of physics.
(This is not in reference to the OP by the way)

Very confusing as the OP asked why a feature seen in a video wasn't working in their vehicle.

They then queried if the feature was one that required additional coding and were seeking confirmation. That's all.

If the OP had paid for the convenience pack and their auto lights and wipers weren't working, If they'd asked for help on this forum would your response have been the same?

Ultimately though the tech isn't going anywhere, and although we do agree it can make people lazy (like parking sensors) it's also helping to avoid accidents (like parking sensors) and ultimately saves lives (emergency braking)

In reality no one is taking away any licenses. More and more unskilled drivers seem to be on our roads. Car manufacturers can't revoke licenses but they can try and make things safer through tech.

in this case any tech that allows for the driver to keep both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road is ok by me.

Tbh the feature the OP was asking about would do just that..

Anyway, enough said on this one pal :)

Reactions: WaveyDaveyGravy

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
The point of this feature is that the owner isn't in the car, otherwise they would do it. So it is doing in addition to what the owner would do, not instead of.

Deleted member 103408

And for those who are interested in this.

Check out https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewto...d=104da8b7cd64942d54993f49a2874e8c&start=5055

Relevant comment for me is:

"For the reason that only SEAT will know, if you do not have a solar roof, nothing of the mod will work, and if you have a roof, depending on the rain sensor that you mount, everything will work for you or just raise the windows when rain is detected ...
plas.gif
"

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.