Whats your honest opinion?

GJM90

Jul 13, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm a new member & hopefully new to Seat.

Currently driving a BMW 118d M Sport. However, going to view a couple of Leon FR's (2015) tomorrow with hopes of switching.

Someone in a dealership can tell me anything they want about them, and online reviews tend to be generic. Just thought I would try to get some sound solid advice from actual owners of the car.

Thanks

TheCraftyBugger

May 4, 2018
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Hello everyone, I'm a new member & hopefully new to Seat.

Currently driving a BMW 118d M Sport. However, going to view a couple of Leon FR's (2015) tomorrow with hopes of switching.

Someone in a dealership can tell me anything they want about them, and online reviews tend to be generic. Just thought I would try to get some sound solid advice from actual owners of the car.

Thanks

I've had a 2017 Leon FR since April and I love it. Of the 4 cars I've owned it is definitely the best of the bunch.

Average about 50mpg a week driving mainly motorway. For a 1.4 it pulls well

Reactions: GJM90

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I've had a 2017 Leon FR since April and I love it. Of the 4 cars I've owned it is definitely the best of the bunch.

Average about 50mpg a week driving mainly motorway. For a 1.4 it pulls well

I’ve had a 2014 and 2016 Leon FR. The 1.4 2016 model was by far the better and I too got over 50mpg.

I’ve now got a Leon Cupra and get no more than 38mpg (light foot) and low 20’s (heavy foot).

Hope you find an FR to your liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJM90

Jul 13, 2018
I’ve had a 2014 and 2016 Leon FR. The 1.4 2016 model was by far the better and I too got over 50mpg.

I’ve now got a Leon Cupra and get no more than 38mpg (light foot) and low 20’s (heavy foot).

Hope you find an FR to your liking.

Just fed up with the BMW. I wish I had thought about Seat a lot sooner ha.

The ones I’ve seen are 2L diesels. Know much about them?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
The ones I’ve seen are 2L diesels. Know much about them?

The only SEAT 2KL diesels I ever owned were Altea’s. They were punchy engines with plenty of pull. I’m sure there’s others on here with more relevant knowledge on the Leon diesels.

silles

May 4, 2017
Had the Fr 1.4 act for a year, but was not sporty enough, upgraded to the cupra.

Fr is more like a well equipped trim. Its very nice if u dont want sportiness

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
I have an 18 plate 2.0 litre diesel 150ps FR Estate leon. Had it since April, done just under 4k miles in it, great motor, I can easily get 600 miles from a full tank this weather definitely helps, but I watch the way I drive, 60mph on cruise control etc, but there's definitely power there if u need it. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
I have recently bought a fr st 1.4 dsg 150 and can highly recommend it . The mpg is not far off a diesel and much quieter.

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
Had a 2.0Tdi 184, was pretty pokey yet very economical, used to do a 200 mile round trip every few weeks and would often see 65mpg.

Lovely to drive, very spacious fairly comfortable, what struck me the most was getting used to the odd bonnet shape to start with, as previous cars where flatter, used to get a fair compliments as they do look fairly smart both inside and out too.

To cut a long story it's a VAG Group car and i'd never get anything else i don't think, loved it enough to get a Cupra afterwards.

Do you know what optional extras etc you're after? and what engine? as i'm sure we could offer some pro's and cons to these things.

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've been in a few 184 FR diesels and they have some punch to them!

Great cars! What's making you stick to diesel?

Cheers

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Last time I bought one I test drove a 1.2, 1.4 and 2.0tdi. I bought the 2.0tdi 150

Just test drive a couple of engines in your budget and buy the none you like most...

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I bought a 1.4 FR 125ps in Jan 2016 and absolutely loved it. Drove quite a few similar five door hatchbacks and the Leon always stuck out. Great looking car, lots of standard kit on the FR, and sporty feel to drive.

After it got nicked in July last year, I went car shopping again, test drove some more and ultimately ordered another Leon and now have the 1.8 DSG. I’m in love with it all over again.

Personally had no issues with either car.

Reactions: SteveFR

Deleted member 103408

As you can see we all love the car we have, We all agree Leon's are a great car.

Best thing for you to do now is go test drive a range of cars and see which suits you best.
Car ownership is very personal but the one thing we all agree on these cars are good.

Enjoy the new car and let us know what you go for.

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks
Seat Leon 1.8 tsi fr quick enough and economical for most people apart from the cupra guys :help:
I’ve had a 1.8 TSi for a couple of years but recently got the itch for a bit more oomph and opted for a Shark remap which has given it appreciably more torque from lower revs. This has made it even more pleasurable to drive and at a fraction of the cost (at £349) of upgrading to a Cupra.

Although I do like the look of the Cupra 300 in Mystery Blue plus Android Play would be nice, so hopefully those will be within my budget on the used marketplace by the time I next get afflicted with upgraditis!

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
As you can see we all love the car we have, We all agree Leon's are a great car.

I agree too. Every Seat I’ve had has made me smile, from a 1.2 sport Ibiza up to the 300 Cupra. Whatever car you end up with will be an experience to drive and own in some way.

Plus being part of this community is something special too.

GJM90

Jul 13, 2018

Best thing for you to do now is go test drive a range of cars and see which suits you best.
Car ownership is very personal but the one thing we all agree on these cars are good.

Enjoy the new car and let us know what you go for.

Thanks everyone. I can see why you all love them.

Been to test drive 2L 150 FR. 15 plate. LOVED IT! That much I’ve bought it, pick it up next week and I cannot wait!

TheCraftyBugger

May 4, 2018
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Thanks everyone. I can see why you all love them.

Been to test drive 2L 150 FR. 15 plate. LOVED IT! That much I’ve bought it, pick it up next week and I cannot wait!

I did the exact same thing when I bought mine, went out for a test drive and I was sold there and then, didn't leave the dealership without chucking a deposit down and picked up the following week.

It felt like the longest week of my life waiting to pick it up too!

GJM90

Jul 13, 2018
I did the exact same thing when I bought mine, went out for a test drive and I was sold there and then, didn't leave the dealership without chucking a deposit down and picked up the following week.

It felt like the longest week of my life waiting to pick it up too!
Yeah, I was like ill go home think about it and call back Monday (I'm working tomorrow), but I couldn't. I had to have it. Cannot wait to pick it up now

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise