facelift bumper on pre facelift ibiza

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
so i have a pre facelift model of the ibiza fr tdi...... recently my dad decided to take my car to work... and on the way.. he hit a fox or something that suddenly run out from the side which apparently did not have any time to break... and i been told as i yet to see the damage i will need a new grill and may be even a new bumper, so just wondering if to get a facelift bumper, will it go onto the pre facelift model without any trouble?

92JSS

Sep 8, 2011
Straight fit mate, undo the screws, put the bumper on, do the screws back up.

however, prefacelift foglights dont fit facelift bumpers, so youll need new foglights (if you want foglights ofc)

Mujnu

When you fit a facelift front bumper onto a pre facelift mk4 ibiza does it look okay? Or do you need sides and rear parts too to look good? As i dont want to fit a facelift front bumper and then realiae its too lowfrom a side view compared to the side skirt and rear bumper, i want a kind of gradual line throught if you know what i mean

Dmistry

Aug 19, 2017
Facelift bumper swap ibiza mk4

I just did it and everything went smoothly, still need to sort out new fog lights, there was also a senor that seemed like a crash one had to retro fit it to the new one.

Anyway before I hated the front of the car was ugly as anything, now I love my car and I upgraded the alloys to ones that are black alloys reread the car look hard, everywhere I go I get looks.:1st:

Gonna keep this car even if I get a new one probaly will to engine swap or turbo.

Last edited:

J.Cooper1234

Feb 18, 2018
Facelift bumper swap ibiza mk4

I just did it and everything went smoothly, still need to sort out new fog lights, there was also a senor that seemed like a crash one had to retro fit it to the new one.

Anyway before I hated the front of the car was ugly as anything, now I love my car and I upgraded the alloys to ones that are black alloys reread the car look hard, everywhere I go I get looks.:1st:

Gonna keep this car even if I get a new one probaly will to engine swap or turbo.
Do you have any before and after pics mate? And how easy was it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members