280 Brake Caliper 'CUPRA' plate

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Afternoon people, has anybody or does anybody know how difficult/ easy it is to take the plate off of the front brake caliper that has 'CUPRA' written on it?

Mine are a bit faded and could do with a spruce up. Replacements are £40 each from SEAT but if it's not too much or an a@&e ache then i'll take them off and re-spray them.

I've look on the how to guide link on another thread but it doesn't show it. I'm not exactly mr mechanic so if it involves removing the entire caliper i'll probably just buy new ones and get them fitted when I next need discs and pads.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Is it the plate or just the Cupra Sign (which you can get off ebay for very little) that needs sorting.

Don't know the answer but @paddy6789 provided the workshop manuals here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M4ofxxMgsFjE7hNWg6l4KuifelmdMUu0 have a look at D3E804FD617-Brake_System.pdf it should show you what you want.

Thanks, that's the one I looked at but couldn't find the answer, could have missed it though. Seems to show everything other than the extra plate that the non Brembo cupra's have.

Its just the white lettering that is faded. Would rather have it re-painted or replaced rather than a stick on version as I expect that would go bad pretty quick too unless anyone has used stick on ones and says that they last?

Deleted member 103408

I would try the stick on ones and see how long they last, as they don't cost a lot and it if don't work then you spend the 80-00 on new ones or you could make a stencil and paint them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.