MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Just a quick note to say I picked up my Cupra ST manual (ordered 14th Feb) last Friday. So just over 21 weeks...

The car is pretty special. I don't want to jinx it, but I had an early (2014) Leon SC FR and it seems the build quality has improved quite a lot. The ride is also (from memory) a fair bit smoother on the Cupra which I can only assume is mostly down to the adaptive suspension.

I handed back my old lease car last week as well. I thought I'd just point out that they didn't charge me anything for damages at all, despite a scuff on an alloy and a few minor marks on the paintwork. I had looked after the car but I was surprised they overlooked everything. Thought I'd post here to balance some of the horror stories people give about additional charges when handing lease cars back.

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
Just a quick note to say I picked up my Cupra ST manual (ordered 14th Feb) last Friday. So just over 21 weeks...

The car is pretty special. I don't want to jinx it, but I had an early (2014) Leon SC FR and it seems the build quality has improved quite a lot. The ride is also (from memory) a fair bit smoother on the Cupra which I can only assume is mostly down to the adaptive suspension.

I handed back my old lease car last week as well. I thought I'd just point out that they didn't charge me anything for damages at all, despite a scuff on an alloy and a few minor marks on the paintwork. I had looked after the car but I was surprised they overlooked everything. Thought I'd post here to balance some of the horror stories people give about additional charges when handing lease cars back.
I ordered mine on the same day as you and I believe the car arrived in the UK about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get the nod that the car is ready to collect imminently. I ordered with lookers Stockport...

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I ordered mine on the same day as you and I believe the car arrived in the UK about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get the nod that the car is ready to collect imminently. I ordered with lookers Stockport...

It will already be available (assuming finance is in place). I'd give them a call.

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
It will already be available (assuming finance is in place). I'd give them a call.
Yep, the finance is in place. Carly, who I was dealing with, was on holiday last week so hopefully that's all the delay was and she will pick it up today or tomorrow.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
For anyone else who also ordered a monsoon grey vehicle I've just had a response from seat about it changing to magnetic grey and they have told me it is a name change only and the colour won't change.

Reactions: Kenton

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
Yep, the finance is in place. Carly, who I was dealing with, was on holiday last week so hopefully that's all the delay was and she will pick it up today or tomorrow.

How have you found dealing with Seat Stockport and Carly in particular? I've sent numerous emails/phone calls over the past month and had little response from her.

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
How have you found dealing with Seat Stockport and Carly in particular? I've sent numerous emails/phone calls over the past month and had little response from her.

She's been excellent with me so far, can't fault her. Unfortunately she's snowed under with getting all the cars sorted by Aug 31st and has a huge amount of customers on at her about cars not being a 68 plate! Also, the guy she was training up to cover her, left and went to Volvo! in fact I know her so well now, I think I may add her as a facebook friend! hahaha

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
She's been excellent with me so far, can't fault her. Unfortunately she's snowed under with getting all the cars sorted by Aug 31st and has a huge amount of customers on at her about cars not being a 68 plate! Also, the guy she was training up to cover her, left and went to Volvo! in fact I know her so well now, I think I may add her as a facebook friend! hahaha
He must have been the guy on her out of office last week. No wonder he never responded!

Jamilarov

May 9, 2018
Here it comes. Finally delivered to the dealer warehouse. I should pick it up this friday. It was quite fast delivery, ordered on april 9th. Manual transmission. Here comes some quick images. Looking forward to do some detailing and better photos soon. And maybe drive, just a little bit. :happy:
20180712_161954.jpg
20180712_162046.jpg

Reactions: Copra68 and Woody31

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Here it comes. Finally delivered to the dealer warehouse. I should pick it up this friday. It was quite fast delivery, ordered on april 9th. Manual transmission. Here comes some quick images. Looking forward to do some detailing and better photos soon. And maybe drive, just a little bit. :happy:

Looks a nice car! I am still totally perplexed by the differences in lead time. The estimated delivery date for mine puts it at 32 weeks minimum, and mine was ordered in Feb!

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Looks a nice car! I am still totally perplexed by the differences in lead time. The estimated delivery date for mine puts it at 32 weeks minimum, and mine was ordered in Feb!
Same here as much as I'm happy for folk picking up there cars it makes me absolutely livid I ordered mid February haha.

Reactions: Paul1979

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I ordered my Cupra 300 5DR DSG in Mystery Blue on the 9th June. I fell in love with that colour the moment I saw it!

I've since had an email on the 21st June from IMG Seat Warrington informing me that it'll be MY19 with reduced output of 290.

Should I take it from that email that my order has been accepted by the factory?

I was told when I ordered late December to early January is my estimated collection date.

Glad to see some people getting their cars and I really can't wait to get out of my '14 Ibiza Cupra (It's done 80k miles!)

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Those pics show L/H drive cars so suggests mainland Europe. Maybe they get priority and because of Brecht talks we are getting a bad service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Those pics show L/H drive cars so suggests mainland Europe.
That and the fact jamilarov lives in the Czech Republic, yes!:rofl:

Maybe they get priority and because of Brexit talks we are getting a bad service
They don't, and we aren't...

It's basic Supply & Demand. UK demand has been outstripping production capacity for a number of years. MY19 will help alleviate the situation, and lead times are already coming down, but when we are one of only a tiny number of RHD markets it is near-impossible for SEAT to quickly move production from a market with lower demand to one with higher demand which they can do with most of Europe.

Last edited:

rhys1344

Mar 31, 2018
Dublin
So I ordered my Seat Leon Cupra ST 300 DSG in first week of April this year and it got delivered on the weekend. The delivery time scale was pretty much bang on what I was quoted by the dealer. Very happy so far and relieved my order wasn't messed around with the WLTP or any other delays thankfully.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
So I ordered my Seat Leon Cupra ST 300 DSG in first week of April this year and it got delivered on the weekend. The delivery time scale was pretty much bang on what I was quoted by the dealer. Very happy so far and relieved my order wasn't messed around with the WLTP or any other delays thankfully.

This has to be the ideal situation, hows the car?!

Alexpowell1

Apr 21, 2018
Manchester

Found her fantastic. She takes a few days to respond usually but she's very helpful. Had to cancel order with her and find a stock her due to lead times changing to Feb 2019.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise