Leon FR 1.8 TSI - on the hunt for an exhaust

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Hey guys, rookie car enthusiast here just recently got a 15 plate 5 dr FR 1.8 and I'm looking to do my first upgrade. Not all that concerned about performance, literally just after the sound here. I'm not into the super loud droners, Just want it to sound a bit punchier in the high revs and have a little tiny grumble in the low revs on the daily drives. The look I'm after is dual twin pipes or dual pipes(either side) like a cupra and my budget is 600 for the exhaust.

Apologies if there's a super thread somewhere detailing exactly what I'm after but I couldn't find it.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
since you haven't had much response here goes---- if you just want a £600 noise this isn't for you BUT if it was me (and this is based on a 1.8TSI @09 Skoda) I would look at getting rid of (covertly cut and empty) the pre cat which is quiet restricting and apparently can improve consumption, and probably acceleration, after that a new back box may be appropriate --- but major exhaust upgrade would only be advisable in conjunction with major mechanical and electronic upgrade otherwise it's money down the drain hope this helps BUT research though (measure twice cut once :) )

Deleted member 103408

Couple thoughts,

I would agree with cheshire cat that there are better options for you and hopefully save you some money.

Have you considered an open cone air filter, this will give you a nice sound in the car but not over-powering and will help the engine breath better.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.