Need more rear end grip for the track

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Hi guys had my Cupra 300 on the track the other day, (very fast) got DTUK box plus have 18inch wheels (245/40)on slicks on the front, which worked really well and stock wheels on the back. I take all the back seats and any other weight out of the car, so it light at the back end. Apart from buying two more race wheels and slicks or running lower air pressure in the back tyres is there anything else I can do to get more grip at the back? Spacers?

Thanks

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Two more of the same wheels. Spacers don't increase mechanical grip. It's also a wonder you don't have ABS and ESC lights on.

Sorry should of said for most of the time cornering. So with spacers would that not make the rear end track wider, better for cornering?

Deleted member 103408

If its lease then I would not change it, The other option on your new rear wheels is to go for a different offset so the wheel sits further out, but check your clearance first and also you can save some weight if you get the right wheels (certainly over stock)

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
If its lease then I would not change it, The other option on your new rear wheels is to go for a different offset so the wheel sits further out, but check your clearance first and also you can save some weight if you get the right wheels (certainly over stock)
Ok thanks mate

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I did also read my lease thoroughly yesterday on account of buying some items from the old man on here and I could not find anything anywhere in my signed document stating modifications were not allowed.

Not saying it is, not saying it's not and it should definitely be checked with seat or whoever you finance is with first, just saying, it's not mentioned in my lease agreement

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
I did also read my lease thoroughly yesterday on account of buying some items from the old man on here and I could not find anything anywhere in my signed document stating modifications were not allowed.

Not saying it is, not saying it's not and it should definitely be checked with seat or whoever you finance is with first, just saying, it's not mentioned in my lease agreement

May have to check mine now..:cheers:

Deleted member 103408

I suspect they don't care about mods (or at least turn a blind eye to it) as long as the car is returned to them in the same state (eg stock suspension) as you picked it up.

I would consider what happens if you have a smash on the track, Track day insurance is very specific in what they cover and you then presumably have to go back to the lease company and explain the car is broken because you had an accident on the track.......

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Am I reading this right?
you took a car you don't own to a track day?
and you fitted a tuning box to it?
and you put 2 18" wheels with 245 wide tyres on the front, but left the standard 19" 235 tyres on the back? on this car that you don't own?
and you want to know how to get more grip?

Are you on drugs?

Reactions: JACUPRA280

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Am I reading this right?
you took a car you don't own to a track day?
and you fitted a tuning box to it?
and you put 2 18" wheels with 245 wide tyres on the front, but left the standard 19" 235 tyres on the back? on this car that you don't own?
and you want to know how to get more grip?

Are you on drugs?

Thanks for your imput. Didn't really answer my question. Answer yes to all of your questions apart from the last 1. :beer:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Removal of the back seats might be making it a bit light on the back and upsetting balance.

If u think when u watch these videos of reviewers giving it some around a track, nothing would've been removed

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
simple solution would be to put the same size wider slicks on the rear
Spacers will not give such an effect that you would be able to realistically feel
more complicated solutions included coilover suspension, removing the DCC, adding adjustable camber plate top mounts, adjustable drop links, uprated anti roll bars (increased front stiffness may help, increased rear stiffness will decrease grip), roll cage (to increase rigidity) etc