Remap 1.2 TSI

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Hi guys, not sure if I’m posting in the right place but I’ve just had my remap today and they quoted me an increase of 25 bhp on top of my original 105bhp. Unable to really notice a difference, not sure if I was expecting too much or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
What did their before Dyno show?
I've read reports and seen videos of 116 to 120 bhp from standard engines. so 130 wouldn't be a huge step up.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Cheers for the reply, was at 103bhp to be precise, and now currently at 130. maybe should have gone for the revo map then!

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I was just wondering if I was missing something as I can hardly notice a difference for a quarter more power? I’ve read online on different websites that everyone raves about going from 105 to 130 so I might’ve been expecting too much possibly

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Its it always slow or just in low gears? I've had a turbo diesel in the past that was boost limited in 1/2 to save the clutch but once into 3rd it was a rocket ship.

From how the 1.2 drives ( I had one for 3 years) I always felt it was boost limited in first as well.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Only way to be sure it's been mapped, and that the maps decent is to get it rolled and see those beautiful curves

Even with just 25bhp extra it should feel different to drive instsntly, not necessarily more power but definitely different to drive in terms of power delivery. What torque gains should you have got?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I’ve only driven it about 8 miles from the place I got the remap done back to my house, so will give it a proper go tomorrow and see how it copes, but from what I noticed yesterday it felt (again I will check tomorrow) pretty much exactly the same. I will see how it handles in all gears, cheers guys

Steve Thompson

Apr 16, 2018
Mines 135bhp mapped 1.2 tsi feels a world of difference yiu csn deffo tell you sure they mapped the right bank in the ECU? Get it in the rollers mate

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Cheers mate they’re 18” Rosso RR8’s - curbed one of them last week unfortunately though! And I’m really not sure, they told me they would ring me once they’ve finished so I wasn’t present during any of it. They also did a forced induction clean, not sure if that’s supposed to help! I’ve asked if I could get the results back from them but I’m not actually sure if they used the rolling road?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Ace car care in Shrewsbury and it was £450 for the remap and the forced induction clean

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
They appear to be all round reputable however I've struggled to find any reviews of their remaps. Price is in the right ball park.

You need to contact them and ask if they have the facility to Dyno the car. Have a discussion, if they don't you pay need to pay someone else for a Dyno run, if it shows standard or very figure much less than quoted ask for a refund or the map to be done again. Contact them first to discuss.

If you get it on a Dyno and the results are what they should be, then there's something wrong with you for not noticing lol

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I’ve already emailed them regarding the results and see if we can sort something out, if not like you said I will have to sort it out myself. Cheers again!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.