MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
So I ordered my Seat Leon Cupra ST 300 DSG in first week of April this year and it got delivered on the weekend. The delivery time scale was pretty much bang on what I was quoted by the dealer. Very happy so far and relieved my order wasn't messed around with the WLTP or any other delays thankfully.
Are you based in Ireland?

Jamilarov

May 9, 2018
Happy for you. Looks like a few Cupra ST in Orange were delivered at the same time. Seems to be the in colour for your area.

Thank you. Actually there are maybe 6 orange cupras at the parking place. Dealer said that they ordered them as stock cars, he was expecting problems with manufacturing due to change to WLTP. Anyway all these cars are DSG 4 drive except mine. ;)

Looks a nice car! I am still totally perplexed by the differences in lead time. The estimated delivery date for mine puts it at 32 weeks minimum, and mine was ordered in Feb!
Thanks. I think that I chose just the right time for order. My car was specific because of manual transmission and it´s production ends this month. That is why Seat had to make it till the end of July or my order would be cancelled. As far as I know, the Leon sale is not as good as it was last year when people here were waiting also for 5 or 6 months for delivery. I heard story of customer who was waiting for his Ateca for 8 months and then Seat Czech canceled his order because they couldnt made it. Too many orders. So it is not always so good here either. :(

That and the fact jamilarov lives in the Czech Republic, yes!:rofl:

They don't, and we aren't...

It's basic Supply & Demand. UK demand has been outstripping production capacity for a number of years. MY19 will help alleviate the situation, and lead times are already coming down, but when we are one of only a tiny number of RHD markets it is near-impossible for SEAT to quickly move production from a market with lower demand to one with higher demand which they can do with most of Europe.
I agree. The main reason is definitely limited right-hand drive market. And who knows what is going to happen after Brexit with delivery times or price.

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I decided to cancel my St 300 order. Im absolutely gutted but the dealer was absolutely useless and gave me no confidence. Car order in Jan and still no build date 6 months on. I've now gone to the dark side and reserved an in stock golf r estate. I would much rather have a leon as I think they are a nicer looking motor and better spec. The golf is stock but 7.5s come with winter pack, nav, Acc and dig dash so better than prefacelift golf r. The fall back option if I get sick of useless and pushy sales people is to buy my 280. I had an initial quote which was mid way between trade and retail valuations so needs to come down if I'm going to consider buying. If price is agreeable I'll plumb for stage 1 and dsg maps ;) Not sure which way to go.

Deleted member 103408

kiddo, the answer is in what YOU want from the car, apart from the lease running out what do you get from the new car that you can't have / need from your old one or even a one year old 300 ST / Golf

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
I've now gone to the dark side and reserved an in stock golf r estate. I would much rather have a leon as I think they are a nicer looking motor and better spec.
I'm in exactly the same situation.
I love my 280 ST, but want to change to DSG and get the new toys like ACC and DCC - but the lack of heated windscreen AND heated seats has made it a no go this time round. The Golf R gives us all the bells and whistles, but they are firmly attached to soul-less box on wheels (quite cliche, i know :) ) - there was even temptation from a Superb Sportline 280, which looks much nicer, but probably rolls over when it meets a corner.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I'm in exactly the same situation.
I love my 280 ST, but want to change to DSG and get the new toys like ACC and DCC - but the lack of heated windscreen AND heated seats has made it a no go this time round. The Golf R gives us all the bells and whistles, but they are firmly attached to soul-less box on wheels (quite cliche, i know :) ) - there was even temptation from a Superb Sportline 280, which looks much nicer, but probably rolls over when it meets a corner.
I like the interiors on the golf but from the outside they don't do much for me. The haldex 4 wheel drive is also another plus point I was hoping for. I think my first option is going to be getting my current lease for trade price rather than retail they quoted me and keeping it. Its going to need mot and new boots soon but I can handle that. Then I think I'll pay unicorn tuner a visit for some extra hoonage ;)

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
there was even temptation from a Superb Sportline 280, which looks much nicer, but probably rolls over when it meets a corner.
They are the ultimate sleeper car if you have the money to remap the engine and gearbox and sort out the suspension on top of the £35k plus price tag.

Deleted member 103408

Same could be said for the Cupra 280 as well, and you don't have to buy new there are plenty of low millage well tuned cars around.

Sorry this is a new cupra thread signing off now.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I decided to cancel my St 300 order. Im absolutely gutted but the dealer was absolutely useless and gave me no confidence. Car order in Jan and still no build date 6 months on. I've now gone to the dark side and reserved an in stock golf r estate. I would much rather have a leon as I think they are a nicer looking motor and better spec. The golf is stock but 7.5s come with winter pack, nav, Acc and dig dash so better than prefacelift golf r. The fall back option if I get sick of useless and pushy sales people is to buy my 280. I had an initial quote which was mid way between trade and retail valuations so needs to come down if I'm going to consider buying. If price is agreeable I'll plumb for stage 1 and dsg maps ;) Not sure which way to go.

That's a shame mate. In ST form i prefer the CUPRA also. The conservative golf styling doesn't work as well in that body shape for me. Was the CUPRA a 4 drive?

The 7.5 is a great spec and as long as the price is right I can't see you being disappointed for long.

What was the lastest you could have waited for your order? If you're with VWFS you can obviously stay in your lease until the new order comes. You can also potentially quailfy for a reduced rate too. Get more out of the 280 you are considering keeping before jumping to the 300.

I enjoy the 280 and originally considered buying mine outright, with a view to changing the exhaust.

The upgraded interior, DSG and fresh warranty persuaded me otherwise though. Another 5 months of waiting for me before I expect delivery of the 300.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Went to my local dealership today for some Warranty work.

I was suprised to see the CUPRA 300 I ordered back in October last year.

It looked really nice. Unfortunately it didn't meet the spec I ordered so I didn't accept it.

The dealership had kept it since February just in case my new order fell through, but now have to sell it before WLTP kicks in.

Spec..
5dr
Nevada White
Digital cockpit
Illuminated sills
Manual
Winter pack
Acc
Rerverse camera

It wasn't priced and is unregistered, but needs doing ASAP. It'll be a good price as it needs shifting now.

May not be the best thread to post, but I know a few of you are looking to cancel due to the wait and this may be a better option.

The dealership also has access to 2 CUPRA Rs that need selling if anyone is interested.
ab9c98986afb96d215c95717f79e042e.jpg
3bdb53a22fba826c3700a8d928f829ae.jpg
f343f75f492cfb5c18d08aebb232f53a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
fd2c5763b231ac73b557be5504d45ac1.jpg
c060afac2841041cbd1b2e6f943adf05.jpg

Last edited:

rhys1344

Mar 31, 2018
Dublin
This has to be the ideal situation, hows the car?!

The car is great thanks, very pleased with it and it keeps surprising me how quick it is when you put it in 'S' (stupid mode?) and floor it! There are a few niggles that I didn't notice before getting it, like the odd sized cup holders and the other thing is the lag when pulling off from stationary, not sure how to help improve this other than turning stop start off? But it's still not quite as instantaneous to my last car but I'll get used to it quick enough!

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
The car is great thanks, very pleased with it and it keeps surprising me how quick it is when you put it in 'S' (stupid mode?) and floor it! There are a few niggles that I didn't notice before getting it, like the odd sized cup holders and the other thing is the lag when pulling off from stationary, not sure how to help improve this other than turning stop start off? But it's still not quite as instantaneous to my last car but I'll get used to it quick enough!

Your not the only one who hates the cup holders, they're shite.

cola

May 23, 2018
Have just been offered £250 compensation for receiving the 290 instead of the 300 as ordered. Quite surprised as didn't kick off or complain because I really don't care about the difference as long as the rest of the car is the same options/interior wise.

Might be worth asking dealers/brokers politely. I'll be putting it towards a set of PS4S!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Have just been offered £250 compensation for receiving the 290 instead of the 300 as ordered. Quite surprised as didn't kick off or complain because I really don't care about the difference as long as the rest of the car is the same options/interior wise.

Might be worth asking dealers/brokers politely. I'll be putting it towards a set of PS4S!
I wonder what the terms are this time around.

The good will gesture came directly from SEAT last time. I received a phone call about the delay on the 300 and got offered the choice of a cheque, voucher or free service.My dealership were not aware of it.

It was seemingly random last time too, as others on here in similar positions didn't get the offer.

Can't imagine I'd be eligible this time around even though mine will be a 290.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Thats the standard offer I chose the cash/cheque. Its probably on a script for people calling up to complain about the fiasco.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Got a confirmed build week today for week 38 for a 5dr cupra in desire red. Ordered mid April and expect to pick her up mid October its a long wait i'm super excited though. Apparently the winter pack is included as standard now so at least ill have me arse warm in October.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Got a confirmed build week today for week 38 for a 5dr cupra in desire red. Ordered mid April and expect to pick her up mid October its a long wait i'm super excited though. Apparently the winter pack is included as standard now so at least ill have me arse warm in October.
Winter pack is standard? That's great maybe one day I'll get a build week I ordered in February lol. Not at all jealous lol.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.