OBDeleven modifications

Deleted member 103408

From the Golf Manual

Traffic sign recognition texts
Cause and solution
No traffic signs detected The system is in the initialisation phase.
OR: the camera has not detected any regulatory or warning signs.

Error: traffic sign recognition System fault.
Go to a qualified workshop and have the system checked.

Traffic sign recognition: clean the windscreen! The area of the windscreen in the vicinity of the camera is dirty.
Clean the windscreen.

Traffic sign recognition: currently restricted. No data transmission from the navigation unit.
Check if valid map data is loaded on the navigation unit.
OR: the vehicle is located in an area that is not covered by the map stored on the navigation unit.
No data available Traffic sign recognition is not supported in the country in which you are currently travelling.

Sounds like your error is not the same as mine (and other MIB1 Units) where the warning message appears after a fixed time regardless of where you are or what route you have taken. Are you maps up to date and does the navi system show the speed limit at the same point.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Deleted member 103408

Re Digital Dashboard

Just seen this post on the OBD11 forum under the Golf Stream, to display album artwork and radio station logo.

Dashboard_Display_Configuration:
coverart:
On
stationart:
On

Does the Leon digital dash currently show this automatically or do you have to code it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

Anybody with digital dashboard, does the car come with needle sweep turned on.

If not has anybody tried
Control unit 17 (dash),
long coding,
byte 1 change bit 0

It works on the Golf, just want confirmation it works on Leon.
I am also told the app does not work for digital dashboard.
Ta.

Deleted member 103408

Simple answer is it does not work on all cars, it is very much dependent on which sensor you have on your car.
Never tried it personally but i have seen lots of threads on Leon and Golf threads with the same issue.

The common problems if you have everything on your car that is required (by which I mean the correct sensor, not just a sensor)

1/ Some say this only works if the wiper stalk is in Auto, others it works in any if you have the correct sensor
2/ Some say you have to do a factory reset for the closing system (Car Settings Menu at the bottom of list is Factory Resets)

Reactions: Baron

Deleted member 103408

Quick note on how to do a throttle body adaption

Thanks to Don (DV52) on the OBDEleven forum
gLpQUw6.png

Go Control unit 1 engine
Select Basic Settings
Select Test of throttle valve adaptation

Last edited by a moderator:

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
I've asked this before and still haven't been able to get it to work.
Anyone know why the mirrors on a 2013 Leon SC will only unfold with ignition on and not on unlock with the remote?
I would coded them to fold via remote but they only unfold when ignition is turned on. I've had a nose around using OBD Eleven but can't see anything obvious that controls it.
I know the later cars do this automatically when coded to fold with remote but not so with mine.
Anyone got any suggestions?? Any help greatly appreciated

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

have you tried this

Folding mirrors with a touch control
With this mod, mirrors will fold without having to be continually pressing the button on the remote.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Control Access 2
4 - Sub - Funk modus spiegelaklappung
5 - Change value By command via remote control look key

and if you have and it did not work have you tried doing a factory reset (Car Menu, Settings, go to bottom of the list.)

Reactions: Glarh

Deleted member 103408

Can you open and close them if you hold the button for a long time.

Last question what options do you have on your mirror button like the one in the picture.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 19.56.29.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 19.56.29.png
    139 KB · Views: 147

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Same button as that. Mine will only unfold when ignition is turned on. Before coding they folded on a long press of remote. Now fold on first press.

Deleted member 103408

OK Can you pm me a copy of your BCM (Control unit 09) I have a look and see if I can see anything obvious.

Cupralevel

Jul 9, 2018
How to get more brightness to the roof spotlights. If i use mib(car settings/lights) dashboard is too bright.
I just want to change the brightness of the spotlights of the roof.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Will do. It'll be tomorrow if that's ok. Thanks for the help

I’d prefer mine to only unfold on ignition, it what my Mk2 used to do. The number of times I have to get something out the car and not drive it, means the mirrors are folding and unfolding more than they’d need to.

Reactions: Glarh and Walone

Deleted member 98136

Has anyone had a go at making the DRL dim on the side you are indicating ? - just like an Audi does, Thank you.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members