jezyg

Retro fit auto lights

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
I’ve just ordered one of these from amazon after being sick of the Ebay one I have, i can’t get the light sensitivity on the Ebay one to work correctly and i am constantly having to manually put the lights on when it is getting dusk.

Hopefully this one helps, I know it is twice the price but if I can adjust the sensitivity it will be worth it.

I think it is due Monday or Tuesday for delivery - I’ll keep all updated

Automatic Headlight Fog Lamp Side Light Sensor Switch - ElecGear EL3 Bluetooth Control Headlamp Unit Module with Android and iOS iPhone App for VWW Golf 7 MK7, Skodaa Octavia MK3, Fabia III, Seat Leon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0755MH533/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yscuBbJ0462T6

Reactions: Wastedagen

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
This seems like an absolute no brainer for anyone without the Convenience Pack! So it's essentially plug and play?

Yep plug and play and work quite well, sensitivity level could be a bit more sensitive.

They look 100% OEM, nearly identical only the plastic which you cannot see seems to be of a lower quality. The one I had was white as was the Golf version, you can sometimes find SEAT versions which are red. Personally, I thought the white looked better with the MFD and dials when lit up.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yep plug and play and work quite well, sensitivity level could be a bit more sensitive.

They look 100% OEM, nearly identical only the plastic which you cannot see seems to be of a lower quality. The one I had was white as was the Golf version, you can sometimes find SEAT versions which are red. Personally, I thought the white looked better with the MFD and dials when lit up.

Sorry mate completely forgot you’d already posted a picture. Yeah it looks spot on, definite purchase I think! Cheers.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Sorry mate completely forgot you’d already posted a picture. Yeah it looks spot on, definite purchase I think! Cheers.

That was a few posts back and when I owned a Leon :bounce: Well worth the money and even managed to sell the lit on for £20 via Ebay... Better residuals than a car :roflmao:

steve_l

Jul 1, 2018
Just ordered one of these, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0755MH533
UK stock and has an app to configure the settings via bluetooth. I know its quite a bit more expensive but hopeful it will avoid the settings issues mentioned previously. Will you know how it goes

Just to update.....Installed this last week and have been running it without issue, the app allows fine tuning of the sensitivity but seemed pretty good out of the box. Well worth the money imho!

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
I installed mine yesterday but haven’t been out to set the light sensitivity yet.

I have it set to about 30% at the moment so will keep you updated

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
After using this yesterday I am getting a little fault. If I switch off the car with the setting set to auto I am having a warning come up on the dash to switch off my lights. I’m going to try to unplug it and plug it back to check so will let you know the outcome

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
After using this yesterday I am getting a little fault. If I switch off the car with the setting set to auto I am having a warning come up on the dash to switch off my lights. I’m going to try to unplug it and plug it back to check so will let you know the outcome

Sounds like possibly a faulty unit as never had any issues with warning lights on mine???

Rjbriggsy

Jul 28, 2018
Can I confirm that the eBay unit will work with MY15 Leon Fr? Cheers!

Last edited:

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Mmmm, i don't see why not. But my Drl's are always on back and front (Scandinavian Lights) so my dash lights are always on..

Just noticed this old post, my DRL’s and rear lights are on all the time but my dash lights still dim in low light, I need to turn sidelights on to keep them illuminated.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Just noticed this old post, my DRL’s and rear lights are on all the time but my dash lights still dim in low light, I need to turn sidelights on to keep them illuminated.
You can turn the brightness up in the head unit. Under car/setup/lights. There's a setting that adjusts the dash and footwell brightness as same time...

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
You can turn the brightness up in the head unit. Under car/setup/lights. There's a setting that adjusts the dash and footwell brightness as same time...

I already have them set to maximum but it doesn’t stop the ‘stupid dimming’ of the dash cluster lights when driving shaded roads etc.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I already have them set to maximum but it doesn’t stop the ‘stupid dimming’ of the dash cluster lights when driving shaded roads etc.
Oh my bad.. Its a coding you need to do using obd11..

3a7b476ac3ca071b1a69d0886fe550a0.jpg

Try this...thanks to theoldboy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise