Dashcam?

purplepur

Apr 18, 2018
Any USB dash-cam suggestions?
Even considering an action cam or something similar. Anyone use them rather than a dashcam?

I want to make the wires as hidden as possible

Last edited:

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I keep thinking about a dash cam but never got one yet. Like you I don't want the wires showing. As the power socket is so far back in the car its going to take a lot of work to hide them I'd think.

I don't think an action cam would be idea, Dashcams are designed for the job with motion sensors, night vision, GPS, the ability to save sections in an accident etc. I don't think an action cam can do that.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
I keep thinking about a dash cam but never got one yet. Like you I don't want the wires showing. As the power socket is so far back in the car its going to take a lot of work to hide them I'd think.

I don't think an action cam would be idea, Dashcams are designed for the job with motion sensors, night vision, GPS, the ability to save sections in an accident etc. I don't think an action cam can do that.

Get it hardwired mate.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Hardwired mine (in a Leon) using Nextbase kit, took about 20-30 mins, and most of that that was the A pillar trim going back on, on a lease you'll be fine. Mine would now take about 5 mins to remove.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Does anyone have any videos/websites etc on how you take off the A Pillar? Not done this before and I want to be certain I won’t break it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
It should be possible to gently unclip the very top in my case I ended up pulling the whole thing off and bent the pins taking ages to get it on again.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Did you need a trim tool or something similar? To prevent breaking the clips or scratching the trim I’m also undecided if go get the hardwire kit or just hide the normal 12v wire under the seat then up the a pillar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
Just tuck the wires under the rubber seal around the doors and pillars etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise