Leon FR 150 ACT vs 138 standard?

Heppy99

Jul 26, 2018
Whats the massive difference? is it worth spending a little extra to get the ACT engine?

Looking at getting around 64/15 plate Leon FR 1.4 TSI.

silles

May 4, 2017
I had the 1.4 ACT it was nice engine

it can run on just 2 cylinders, which improves mpg, once I managed 60 mpg on a long motorway journey, normally was getting a lot less
engine pulls nice from low revs, but in higher revs it just loses it.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I had the 140ps model a few years ago. I never drove the 150ps model but I doubt you're really going to notice the 10ps out and about. If I remember correctly, they both run at 250nm torque which is what you really feel when you put your foot down.

That being said, you'd obviously take the 150 model (especially with the ACT) cost implications aside. By my calculations, if you could average 50mpg in the ACT model and 45mpg in the non-ACT model - doing 10k miles a year, you'd be saving about £130 in fuel.

Heppy99

Jul 26, 2018
So realistically you arent going to notice a massive difference?

what you recoup in better economy, you'd spend anyway getting the ACT.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The ACT car may fetch a better price when you sell, also what is the difference in road tax (if any)? I think the ACT is only £20.

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
I would go as far to say the 150 act is one of the best engines available today, plenty of power and amazing fuel economy have had 64mpg on a long run.

Reactions: silverbawz

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
^^^ what he said. I've had 62mpg out of mine on my commute on a number of occasions. 52mpg is my best avg since refill figure.

I'm seriously contemplating a cupra st in the distant future, think I'm going to hurt for a little while after having figures like this but I will likely be doing it with a bigger smile on my face.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: silverbawz

silles

May 4, 2017
^^^ what he said. I've had 62mpg out of mine on my commute on a number of occasions. 52mpg is my best avg since refill figure.

I'm seriously contemplating a cupra st in the distant future, think I'm going to hurt for a little while after having figures like this but I will likely be doing it with a bigger smile on my face.

i did exactly that, no regrets, cupra is so much more fun, more power, better exhaust, pops and crackles, DSG is much better/fast, better handling ... half the MPG, but more smiles per gallon

Reactions: R4CK5

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
This is funny as we went the other way, we had one of the first Cupra 280s to the Leon 150. The Cupra is an awesome machine but honestly don't miss it as much as I thought we would. :) Possibly as I am turning into a rather old "Boy Racer" LOL.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yeah I'm thinking st to keep it practical and please the missus an little one and cupra plus dsg and 4drive for me. In my eyes the cupra st is the perfect balance between performance and outright practicality.
i did exactly that, no regrets, cupra is so much more fun, more power, better exhaust, pops and crackles, DSG is much better/fast, better handling ... half the MPG, but more smiles per gallon

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.