Leon ST CUPRA Carbon Edition

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
On various german webpages they are showing them in white and like a new silver/light grey, fair few with sunroof as well, also I think s few generic pictures are shown as some also have wrong wheels on them, also on german configurator it is monsoon with correct wheels but no carbon side blades
Websites from other countries showing other colours/options/specifications has exactly zero relevance.

The 45/50 (there is already some inconsistency in the SEAT UK announcements) cars for the UK market are all Monsoon Grey (not a matt version of a similar colour) and the specification shown in the original post of this thread.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I just did a quote on the Halifax car finance calculator. 10% deposit PCP across 49 months. £511 per month with c.£10k final payment. 5.6% apr.

Out of my reach but may be useful to someone considering trying to get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I just did a quote on the Halifax car finance calculator. 10% deposit PCP across 49 months. £511 per month with c.£10k final payment. 5.6% apr.

Out of my reach but may be useful to someone considering trying to get one

Just to add that was on my internet banking so the rate is for my circumstances.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
I may have made a massive mistake, but I've turned this down in favour of the Cupra Lux :-s I'm not worried about the 10bhp loss... but the lux seems to give a lot more "family oriented" options for the same money.... or at least that's how I'm going to justify it to myself. That and we already have a monsoon grey Cupra ST 280, so really fancied a change in paint.
I may live to regret this :-(

Leeseat

Jul 9, 2018
Warrington
On various german webpages they are showing them in white and like a new silver/light grey, unless it's Nevada white under camera lights, fair few with sunroof as well, also no digital dash
from what I know and the spec I have seen the car will be the same as the standard Cupra plus the bits.
The car will only be in the Monsoon grey and im 99% certain that it won't come with a sunroof as these cars are already built and in the country so you cant order any. Other countries have different spec to the UK, so looking at other countries configuration doesn't really tell you what the UK will get.

Zai

Jun 20, 2018
Sounds good. Still working out which kidney to seek so I can afford one

I know what you mean. Personally I'm hoping I'll be able to fit the splitter, diffuser and exhaust to my "regular" ST that should arrive end of July/beginning of August (hopefully). And really, that is a pretty stupid thing to hope for since the parts are probably not even available to buy to begin with, and if they were they'd probably cost an arm and a leg.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Nice to see Autoexpress are ahead of the game.

Oh wait...
To be fair the press release has clearly just gone out, which is why it's on all the sites today. On an unrelated note has anyone else noticed the really bad photoshop on the exhaust of the official photo with the car outside? It's a totally different colour to the rest of the image.

Deleted member 103408

whats the difference in price between this and a stock car (yes i know what spec) with the technical goodies

Would it not be cheaper to buy stock and mod it to get an even better one off car.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
To be fair the press release has clearly just gone out, which is why it's on all the sites today. On an unrelated note has anyone else noticed the really bad photoshop on the exhaust of the official photo with the car outside? It's a totally different colour to the rest of the image.
Autoexpress is bilge motoring press and lazy journalism half the time. The other half the time it’s photoshop rubbish.

Edit:
Just looked at the photoshop image you’re on about.

That photo is the car from the 280 brochure!! Even has the white trimmed seats and standard dash lol

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
whats the difference in price between this and a stock car (yes i know what spec) with the technical goodies

Would it not be cheaper to buy stock and mod it to get an even better one off car.
In the UK the car would make sense a little more than abroad as we don’t get the performance pack anymore.

I believe if you were to get the Sub8/Performance pack BBK parts you’re talking £2,500 plus fitting. Side blades painted are about ~£500. So those bits alone are another £3,000 on top of the car. Add a Reigar diffuser that’s £150, then a decent quad exhaust is at least £900. So that’s £4,000 added to the base price. Then you need the actual car with the sport seat option which I believe is a £1.500 option.

As for all the other carbon bits, I personally think the front bumper is the only bit worth having. (From the R anyway as you can’t have the wide arch kit on he ST :()

Deleted member 103408

Thanks Damo, what i was trying to get at is if you bought a well specified non r car vs the R what would the price differential be. Then with that money you have choices about what you get fitted. As @AndrewJB said the MK3 has had many different versions so not sure this car will hold its value any better than any other ST (might sell quicker). So as a buyer (not lease) could I not get a better car for the same money.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks Damo, what i was trying to get at is if you bought a well specified non r car vs the R what would the price differential be. Then with that money you have choices about what you get fitted. As @AndrewJB said the MK3 has had many different versions so not sure this car will hold its value any better than any other ST (might sell quicker). So as a buyer (not lease) could I not get a better car for the same money.
I’ll let you know sometime next year when I trade mine in. Half hoping it’s one of these. When I got my ST it had every option ticked apart from 4, 3 of which were the ones I actually wanted:

Bucket Seats
Sub8 pack
Cargo net divider thingy - which couldn’t be specced on Cupra ST’s originally.

The only other option not ticked was the sun roof, my wife’s likes them but they add to much weight and to the wrong place on the car too.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Just had another look on the Seat site.

Carbon edition is listed as £35,575. Cupra 300 DSG ST with bucket seats is £33,175 + £1,300.

So £1,100 gets you the previously £2,500 performance pack. So it’s not a bad car for the money by that reckoning.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Autoexpress is bilge motoring press and lazy journalism half the time. The other half the time it’s photoshop rubbish.

Edit:
Just looked at the photoshop image you’re on about.

That photo is the car from the 280 brochure!! Even has the white trimmed seats and standard dash lol
And on the Seat UK site they have a flipped version of the same car but didn't change the rear badge positions. Oh well!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.