Steering wheel problems

Ronto4

Aug 2, 2018
Hi I own leon fr 2014 model and I am have a little problem with steering electrics.
First the MFD controls wont work at all and at night they glow in really low light, but media controls at the right side work fine.
Secend, sometimes when I use the horn its forword a song!
3. Not sure why but start and stop isnt working just an A with / over it.
Thanks!

az101

Aug 29, 2011
Burnham-on-sea
May be worth popping the airbag out and checking cables see if any are caught. My car has been back for steering wheel controls 3 times for activating speech when clicking the wheel on the right. And moving only one way on the dash screen when moving between them regardless of which direction o pressed. Mine never got as bad as yours. But they diagnosed trapped cables and replaced steering wheel controls under warranty. Also a 2014 FR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

As an aside do you have an obd reader to see if the car is reporting any errors.

Ronto4

Aug 2, 2018
May be worth popping the airbag out and checking cables see if any are caught. My car has been back for steering wheel controls 3 times for activating speech when clicking the wheel on the right. And moving only one way on the dash screen when moving between them regardless of which direction o pressed. Mine never got as bad as yours. But they diagnosed trapped cables and replaced steering wheel controls under warranty. Also a 2014 FR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’am not really sure how to open the wheel there is any video?

And I am trying to get obd reader i’ll update soon as I get one

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.