Dtuk?

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Hi team,
Looking at getting a dtuk tuning box for my 2.0 tdi fr 184 what's everyone's opinion?
Also with a pedal box?

Thanks in advance

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Bought one at the end of June 2018 for my facelift Leon 184 TDI FR DSG.

Was away on holiday until last week so only got to test it over the last 5 days.

Initial impression, Setting 1 (Sport Mode ) with map 3 is brutal.

Low end torque which makes the wheels spin in 2nd gear in the dry and sometimes get wheel spin on 3 rd gear too..

Haven't tested the other Settings yet but will do soon in due course.

However, I'm actually going to go a step further.

There is a VAG meeting which also consists of a Rolling Road session at the end of August up north.

I am going to test the real bhp and torque improvement that this box actually makes once and for all.

I am fairly confident that my dyno results will be a great a way to compare the real world improvements against what DTUK seem to claim as my car has only got about 7k miles on it so far, so the engine is most definetely run in.

Whilst I'm not expecting 240 PS and 500 NM of torque as quoted by DTUK on their website, I will be well dissapointed if it's pushing anything under 210 bhp etc and will be asking for my money back.

I will keep this thread posted..

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Did you get the tri channel box or twin box? Also have you got the Bluetooth app if so any good?

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
I got the Tri Channel box with Bluetooth control.

Great way of changing between Settings and Maps without opening your bonnet everytime.

The quality of the box and the accessories that came with it look 100% premium quality material so you 're definetely NOT getting cheap chinese cr*p, that's for sure.

Reactions: ghostbustertab

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
How do you find the power delivery? Eg very smooth delivery or quite harsh?
Sorry for all the questions also do you have a manual I could view for like a guide to the settings?

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Power delivery on Setting 1 (Sport Mode ) seems to give a lot of low end torque, brutal at times, however very satisfying at the same time :)

You will most definetely feel the increase in toque, no doubt about it.

There isn't a manual as such regarding the different Settings and Modes because DTUK play it safe by saying that different cars respond differently to the number of Settings and Map options you choose.

Best advise I can give you...wait for my Rolling Road results before you purchase..

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
You seem fairly happy with the box so far early days I know but I just want a sporty car with a lot of pulling power

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I am most definetely happy with.

It most definetely gives the car the pulling power it should have had since day one.

Has it made a difference to the way the car drives? - Yes

Was it worth the money? - So far, yes.

Has it given the improvements it claims? - We will soon find out.

I am due to go on the Rolling Road at the end of August.

I will have an answer for you along with a print out of the of the power and torque is producing on the day.

Reactions: ghostbustertab

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Don't get me wrong, I am most definetely happy with.

It most definetely gives the car the pulling power it should have had since day one.

Has it made a difference to the way the car drives? - Yes

Was it worth the money? - So far, yes.

Has it given the improvements it claims? - We will soon find out.

I am due to go on the Rolling Road at the end of August.

I will have an answer for you along with a print out of the of the power and torque is producing on the day.

What did it make?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.