OBDeleven modifications

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Can you please post your control unit 09 screen shot for the Leuchte2SL VLB10 set.

Are you pre facelift and do you have full LED's (bar indicators)
Morning mate,

Pre facelift.

I'll not be back to the car until later this evening but last night i took a screenshot of what I did.

Thanks
3bc258d647d45e1b727a393ca69e723b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

The mirrors unfold on unlocking my Facelift Leon. I was actually looking for a mod that allows them to unlock on Engine start but I’ve dismissed the idea now.

I see you have a 2013 Leon SC. I’ve had in the past a 2012 Leon,a 2014 Leon and a 2016 Leon and they all opened on unlocking the car. None of them unfolded the mirrors on engine start.

Have you added some previous mods to the car to make it the way you have it?

I found this on the Golf forum and posted on Leon http://forum.obdeleven.com/post/18176 but as I dont have the facelift cant test it.
Give it a go and see if it makes any difference.

Deleted member 103408

Morning mate,

Pre facelift.

I'll not be back to the car until later this evening but last night i took a screenshot of what I did.

Thanks
3bc258d647d45e1b727a393ca69e723b.jpg

Looks simular to mine but not all the options are shown.

My car is setup so the DRL's done work when the handbrake is on / Light switch is on first setting.

When LIght switch is on Auto and i indicate left or right you get the indicator light flash, then when it turns off the DRL Flashes
then the Indicator Flash and then the DRL Flash.

My car is 2014 model, if your is older we have seen some things that work on mine not work on older models (i am guessing its firmware causing the problems and that cant be changed using OBD11/VCDS)

Last item which I always do now as a matter of course is do a factory reset on the mib1 unit.

Leuchte2SL VLB10:
Lasttyp 2: 4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
Lampendefektbitposition 2: 48
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2: 4a
Lichtfunktion A 2: Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
Lichtfunktion B 2: Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
Dimmwert AB 2: 35
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 2: always
Lichtfunktion C 2: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Lichtfunktion D 2: Tagfahrlicht
Dimmwert CD 2: 100
Dimming Direction CD 2: maximize
Lichtfunktion E 2: nicht aktiv
Lichtfunktion F 2: Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
Dimmwert EF 2: 35
Dimming Direction EF 2: minimize
Lichtfunktion G 2: Blinken links Hellphase
Lichtfunktion H 2: nicht aktiv
Dimmwert GH 2: 0
Dimming Direction GH 2: minimize

and for completeness here is the other side pay special attention to the items that are marked as links (left) on the above should be rechts (right) below.

Leuchte3SL VRB21:
Lasttyp 3: 4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
Lampendefektbitposition 3: 4c
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 3: 4c
Lichtfunktion A 3: Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
Lichtfunktion B 3: Parklicht rechts
Dimmwert AB 3: 35
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 3: always
Lichtfunktion C 3: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Lichtfunktion D 3: Tagfahrlicht
Dimmwert CD 3: 100
Dimming Direction CD 3: maximize
Lichtfunktion E 3: nicht aktiv
Lichtfunktion F 3: Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
Dimmwert EF 3: 35
Dimming Direction EF 3: minimize
Lichtfunktion G 3: Blinken rechts Dunkelphase
Lichtfunktion H 3: nicht aktiv
Dimmwert GH 3: 100
Dimming Direction GH 3: maximize

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
I enabled the Audi throttle settings a few days ago on my 2013 car. I can't feel any perceptible difference in throttle response smoothness or anything else? I think it has altered the way my cruise control works though. When I flip the switch to turn it on I now have to press - to enable it. I'm sure it was enabled with both + and - before the change?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I have just changed the engine throttle settings back to normal and hey presto the cruise control is functioning normally again.
Also I performed a scan before I changed it back to normal and it showed errors in the engine and brakes control units that would not clear until I changed the throttle setting back to normal.

In my opinion if you've not tried this yourself don't bother, it's a waste of time for no perceptible difference.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Looks simular to mine but not all the options are shown.

My car is setup so the DRL's done work when the handbrake is on / Light switch is on first setting.

When LIght switch is on Auto and i indicate left or right you get the indicator light flash, then when it turns off the DRL Flashes
then the Indicator Flash and then the DRL Flash.

My car is 2014 model, if your is older we have seen some things that work on mine not work on older models (i am guessing its firmware causing the problems and that cant be changed using OBD11/VCDS)

Last item which I always do now as a matter of course is do a factory reset on the mib1 unit.

Leuchte2SL VLB10:
Lasttyp 2: 4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
Lampendefektbitposition 2: 48
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 2: 4a
Lichtfunktion A 2: Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
Lichtfunktion B 2: Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
Dimmwert AB 2: 35
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 2: always
Lichtfunktion C 2: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Lichtfunktion D 2: Tagfahrlicht
Dimmwert CD 2: 100
Dimming Direction CD 2: maximize
Lichtfunktion E 2: nicht aktiv
Lichtfunktion F 2: Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
Dimmwert EF 2: 35
Dimming Direction EF 2: minimize
Lichtfunktion G 2: Blinken links Hellphase
Lichtfunktion H 2: nicht aktiv
Dimmwert GH 2: 0
Dimming Direction GH 2: minimize

and for completeness here is the other side pay special attention to the items that are marked as links (left) on the above should be rechts (right) below.

Leuchte3SL VRB21:
Lasttyp 3: 4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
Lampendefektbitposition 3: 4c
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 3: 4c
Lichtfunktion A 3: Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
Lichtfunktion B 3: Parklicht rechts
Dimmwert AB 3: 35
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 3: always
Lichtfunktion C 3: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
Lichtfunktion D 3: Tagfahrlicht
Dimmwert CD 3: 100
Dimming Direction CD 3: maximize
Lichtfunktion E 3: nicht aktiv
Lichtfunktion F 3: Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
Dimmwert EF 3: 35
Dimming Direction EF 3: minimize
Lichtfunktion G 3: Blinken rechts Dunkelphase
Lichtfunktion H 3: nicht aktiv
Dimmwert GH 3: 100
Dimming Direction GH 3: maximize
My car is a MY16.

I can confirm that with those settings my car now exhibits the same behavior.

Thanks for your support mate!

Deleted member 98136

My car is a MY16.

I can confirm that with those settings my car now exhibits the same behavior.

Thanks for your support mate!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk[/QUO
@stepdey thanks, if I have read this correctly the current settings are:

Adaptation
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Name: Leuchte2SL VLB10
Values:
Dimming Direction GH 2:
Old value: maximize
New value: minimize - as per code sheet.
Dimmwert GH 2:
Old value: 35
New value: 100 I have this set to 0 but original poster had 100
Lichtfunktion G 2:
Old value: Blinken links Dunkelphase
New value: Blinken rechts Hellphase this should be
Blinken links Hellphase

Mileage: 16654 km
Date: 2018-07-28 19:57
Hi again - Followed your printed instructions, but still no luck ( attached print out of vehicle after adaptions made yesterday )

I note that "Lmbarrett83" has had problems too, my vehicle does not have auto lights but I also have activated Scandavian rear lights and DRLs off when the handbrake is applied,

I wouldn't mind if the DRLs flashed on the side I'm indicating on.

Thanks once again !

In the past I've increased the DRLs brightness to 127 from the initial 100.
Would it be any help if I check my settings as your post #1016 ?

Attachments

• August 6th 2018 Adaptions List.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 155

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi again - Followed your printed instructions, but still no luck ( attached print out of vehicle after adaptions made yesterday )

I note that "Lmbarrett83" has had problems too, my vehicle does not have auto lights but I also have activated Scandavian rear lights and DRLs off when the handbrake is applied,

I wouldn't mind if the DRLs flashed on the side I'm indicating on.

Thanks once again !

In the past I've increased the DRLs brightness to 127 from the initial 100.
Would it be any help if I check my settings as your post #1016 ?
Hi mate,

Yes I had issues as I was only able to get the left DRL to flash with the left indicator.

Resolved my issues by updating the coding under Leuchte3SL VRB21 as well.

Try following Post #1016 as it was sound advice.

Deleted member 98136

Hi mate,

Yes I had issues as I was only able to get the left DRL to flash with the left indicator.

Resolved my issues by updating the coding under Leuchte3SL VRB21 as well.

Try following Post #1016 as it was sound advice.

Hi there thanks for your response, after comparing #1016 the left (links) against the right (rechts) -

Under the "Links" side it shows Lichtfunktion G2: Blinken links Hellphase
But for "Rechts" side it shows Lichtfunktion G3: Blinken rechts Dunkelphase

So is it correct that the Lichtfunction G2 is different to Lichtfunction G3 as to its operational phase ?
Thank you.

Deleted member 103408

That's just how its ended up on my car, don't impact the DRL's as far as I know but you can just change it and see what it does.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hi there thanks for your response, after comparing #1016 the left (links) against the right (rechts) -

Under the "Links" side it shows Lichtfunktion G2: Blinken links Hellphase
But for "Rechts" side it shows Lichtfunktion G3: Blinken rechts Dunkelphase

So is it correct that the Lichtfunction G2 is different to Lichtfunction G3 as to its operational phase ?
Thank you.

Hi mate,

Yes that's how I have it. Not sure why but the left DRL seems to DIM more than the right, although they both work.

When I changed the right to Blinken rechts Dunkelphase it seemed a little better.

Could have been a placebo effect though I will test again later.
f7b7d55f6b0042dcda725d9284d7f83b.jpg
411d399c950489f4fc2535dae3d436c1.jpg

Deleted member 103408

Just a heads up the dev team have confimed a new release next week (or maybe the one after) and this will contain the ability to use the app in portrait so for those of you who have android head units or can link you phone to dash you will now be able to use OBD11 on the car's systems.

Deleted member 103408

Thanks for that ..I'll have a go later and let you know how it works out.

Thanks, what I would stress the original poster said they had KESSY fitted, i made the change on my pre facelift car and what it does is when you unlock the car the mirrors open, then close again and when you put your key in then it opens again.
Not what we want but give it a try and confirm please.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung, set value "Not Activated"

My menu in Access control 2 doesn't have the above.

Deleted member 103408

Here is the bottom of my list in Access control 2 on my 2014 car

Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus:
by look command via remote control key
Nachsaven_nach_Verdecklauf:
not active
Regenschliessen_ein_aus:
not active
Regenschliessen_art:
permanent
Remote_Unlock_Lock :
not_active
Profilfunktion für Anklappung der Außenspiegel:
not active
Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung:
active
virtuelles_pedal:
not active
virtuelles_pedal_HMI_einstellbar:
not active

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Been looking into adjusting clamping force on the VAQ. Has anyone on here done it? And is it worth it?
Articles online suggest also changing the XDS settings to weak/off in order to let the diff do more work.

Deleted member 98136

That's just how its ended up on my car, don't impact the DRL's as far as I know but you can just change it and see what it does.
Hi again - Well finally got it to work! Thanks to you and Lambarrett83 :cheers:

But now its made my left rear light stay on when indicating, but the right rear flashes in the opposite phase (Hellphase), which is what It was adapted to do.

No problem however as I'm gonna check thro' my codings I've made for the rear lights and see whats wrong, can't believe that changing the front set up has altered the rear set up.

Thanks to both of you for your input. :happy:

Deleted member 103408

Been looking into adjusting clamping force on the VAQ. Has anyone on here done it? And is it worth it?
Articles online suggest also changing the XDS settings to weak/off in order to let the diff do more work.

@Rob G with regards to the XDS Settings from what I have seen for normal road use recommendation has been normal to hard but for track use turn it off.

Re the VAQ I presume you are talking about the Acoustic measure, wiring logic changes in which case I have done this and very pleased with the results. However I would say others have not been impressed by it, Where I live its lots of roads that follow fields so there are lots of up / downs and sharp left/right hand corners which this change is very much suited for so it does depend on your driving style and what sort of roads you are using.

Have you also removed the torque limit from the car.

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
@Rob G with regards to the XDS Settings from what I have seen for normal road use recommendation has been normal to hard but for track use turn it off.

Re the VAQ I presume you are talking about the Acoustic measure, wiring logic changes in which case I have done this and very pleased with the results. However I would say others have not been impressed by it, Where I live its lots of roads that follow fields so there are lots of up / downs and sharp left/right hand corners which this change is very much suited for so it does depend on your driving style and what sort of roads you are using.

Have you also removed the torque limit from the car.

Torque limit is still in place (I believe this is done via the brakes). Re VAQ changes, I was just looking to up the clamping force (i'm a mechanical guy, not a coding guy!) to make the diff more aggressive (similar to changing the ramp up on a plated diff).