Occasional DSG slip when shifting from 1st to 2nd?

silles

May 4, 2017
I noticed this over the weekend on a new Cupra 300 (4k miles at clock)

DSG manual mode, starting from stand still, hard acceleration. when shifting up from 1st to 2nd
the rev goes up a bit than the clutch bites a ( it feels like in a manual when quickly shifting and the u haven't full de-clutched yet so the rev goes up, clutch bites and revs goes back)

only noticed it once or twice.
Could be just wheel spin or me being paranoid or DSG makes a mistake sometimes ?
anyone experienced similar thing?

:drive1:

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
Have 290 DSG 2016 and it happens occasionally - once or twice a month.
Nearly imperceptible 'thud' on very light throttle up to embarrassing loud bang if accellerating hard. (passengers think I have hit something). Can happen hot or cold.
Cannot replicate on demand and therefore the 3 times left with local dealer could not find any problem.
Dealer Service Manager got himself a 300 DSG a couple of months ago and he rang me to say he now knows what I was talking about as it happened to him on his new car.
Feels like when changing into 2nd the gear slips momentarily before engaging again suddenly.
He reported to Seat UK and they advised him that it was normal!
Due another service in November and will check back with him if he has had any further issues/feedback.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
I had this on my 280 and get it in my 300 now.... very rarely, but seems to only happen on my first manual shift in higher revs if that makes sense. Would happen even when the engine was up to temperature, for example, driving in normal mode in auto for half hour, switch to manual cupra mode, would happen forst change from 1st to second.

I got around it by making sure i did a few manual changes before accelerating hard or changing later.

Hope this helps

silles

May 4, 2017
ok thanks guys, so it's normal I'll just ignore it. still have 2.9 years warranty if DSG wants to break still loads of time left :D

Deleted member 103408

Just as a matter of interest did this suddenly start or has it always been there.

If its a recent change then the gearbox learns how you drive and changes the way it works it is possible to do a reset back to factory settings using OBD11 or VCDS.

silles

May 4, 2017
Just as a matter of interest did this suddenly start or has it always been there.

If its a recent change then the gearbox learns how you drive and changes the way it works it is possible to do a reset back to factory settings using OBD11 or VCDS.

i don't think it's a recent thing, had this a couple of times in the past, but it's a very rare thing so i don't mind

shlobber

Mar 23, 2018
i have similar symptoms on my 184 tdi.does'nt feel normal to me! really annoying though,because i'm always anticipating it happening.think i might try a dsg reset,and oil change.

raflo83

Dec 22, 2013
Wroclaw, Poland
I noticed this over the weekend on a new Cupra 300 (4k miles at clock)

DSG manual mode, starting from stand still, hard acceleration. when shifting up from 1st to 2nd
the rev goes up a bit than the clutch bites a ( it feels like in a manual when quickly shifting and the u haven't full de-clutched yet so the rev goes up, clutch bites and revs goes back)

only noticed it once or twice.
Could be just wheel spin or me being paranoid or DSG makes a mistake sometimes ?
anyone experienced similar thing?

:drive1:
Hi, i started analyzing this case in my Cupra. It might happen to me, but i’m not sure If it’s wheel spin or slip. I usually drive with esp off, therefore considered as spin until reached this thread. This „slip” (If it’s really slip) has different feeling than wheel spin. Anyhow it will be easily confirmed by looking rpm vs speed next time i drive.