FR ST RATTLE

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
so just picked up my car today from dealers and theres a constant rattle from the rear boot area. I did notice this on test drive but thought it was the trade plate hitting off the bootlid. Even worse when the pull out screen is out. Its a 2016 Seat Leon 2.0 Fr ST
ive taken the screen out and re clipped it in securely and also checked that the rear seats are all clipped in. HELP!!!

Just traded in my seat exeo which i loved as it felt so comfy and quiet as it was a hatchback.

Leons comfy and has all the toys except full link which i thought it did

rattle is doing my head in already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
so just picked up my car today from dealers and theres a constant rattle from the rear boot area. I did notice this on test drive but thought it was the trade plate hitting off the bootlid. Even worse when the pull out screen is out. Its a 2016 Seat Leon 2.0 Fr ST
ive taken the screen out and re clipped it in securely and also checked that the rear seats are all clipped in. HELP!!!

Just traded in my seat exeo which i loved as it felt so comfy and quiet as it was a hatchback.

Leons comfy and has all the toys except full link which i thought it did

rattle is doing my head in already.

I had a very similar rattle in my FR, it turned out to be the latch where the rear seats fold and ‘click’ into the sides. One of these was loose and rattling, I solved it by wrapping a small piece of duct tape around the metal loop and then clicked the seats back in the upright position. Can’t be seen and haven’t heard the rattle since!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I had a very similar rattle in my FR, it turned out to be the latch where the rear seats fold and ‘click’ into the sides. One of these was loose and rattling, I solved it by wrapping a small piece of duct tape around the metal loop and then clicked the seats back in the upright position. Can’t be seen and haven’t heard the rattle since!

@ryzzey - I had this in a VW Golf. I cured it the same way but with electrical insulating tape wrapped around the metal loop. Never rattled again in nearly five years of ownership. Cheap, effective repair, and if the tape wears through from regular use of the seat latch mechanism through lowering and raising the seat back, the tape is cheap and easy to replace.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Have you tried removing the little plastic trims that can be used to hold the parcel shelf under the boot floor to see if these are the source of your rattle as shown in below pic closest to boot lid opening running down the side of the boot floor. In my ST they just pull out easily

seat-leon-cupra-st-1280-007.jpg

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Will try them thanks

So far so good. Taped up seat lock and no noise then tried with boot blind across no noise so hopefully sorted thanks guys

Last edited:
Reactions: kiddo
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members