Wind deflectors solution?

bremner97

Jun 7, 2018
Looking to purchase some Heko wind deflectors for MY16 FR 5-door. I’ve seen a few posts saying they create extra noise in the cabin...?

I’m curious to see if anyone has found a solution to this?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I’ve seen a post somewhere that someone used black silicone sealant at the top of the deflector so that it created a better seal with the windows.

Not tried it myself, but will be giving it a go!

They do create extra noise but only noticeable at motorway speeds. And it just sounds like the windows are open a tiny bit...enough to slowly drive you insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Don't know if it's the same for SEAT but I have Heko's on my Insignia. When you close the window, they don't actually close 100% because of the little clips u use, but on mine, if I pull up the window close button AFTER they have finished closing, the windows move up a few more mm, cutting wind noise drastically.

bremner97

Jun 7, 2018
Think I might just bite the bullet and order them, and try and come to some sort of solution when they arrive - if any! I don’t do any driving on motorways anyway...

Pedrocks

Feb 2, 2018
I have some Heko's fitted and drive daily on motorway. I can confirm that they do make noise on when at speed, however whilst I noticed it to start with, its not loud and you get used to it. The look of them outweighs the minor noise for me.

The clips that come with them can be fiddly and I did have to refit 2 of mine as the windows didn't close properly after inserting them, however they are easy to take back out and move.

Reactions: davidstarkey11
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members