Bye Bye Leon...

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The shortest ownership ever just three months. After the debacle with the dealer, Mediterranean blue looking good but a pig to clean and easily scratched after the dealer gave me several optional scratches FOC.

was going down Astra Sri-VX Line but sticking with SEAT and have ordered a Arona SE Tech Lux 1.6 TDi 115 in silver with a black roof all for a measly £6 extra and nothing to put down. Used Pentagon SEAT who were fab, after rather bathing in Mrs May's boiled sweat than go back to Derby SEAT. Stock car so should be with me in three week,

Last edited:
Reactions: LouG

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Interesting you were not happy with Derby SEAT, they supplied my new leased FR last month and failed to remove the front suspension packing and delivered the car rather dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jezyg

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Interesting you were not happy with Derby SEAT, they supplied my new leased FR last month and failed to remove the front suspension packing and delivered the car rather dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surprise there - they scratched my car prior to delivery and denied it was their fault, after noticing a couple of days later, lied to SEAT CS on numerous occasions and it took me a month to get £100 goodwill out of them even with SEAT CS on the case... Lack of any real management and a 'chaos' regime running the place at the moment.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
No surprise there - they scratched my car prior to delivery and denied it was their fault, after noticing a couple of days later, lied to SEAT CS on numerous occasions and it took me a month to get £100 goodwill out of them even with SEAT CS on the case... Lack of any real management and a 'chaos' regime running the place at the moment.

£100 from them to me as well

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
No surprise there - they scratched my car prior to delivery and denied it was their fault, after noticing a couple of days later

To be fair unless you mention it before pulling away its a you vs them situation. Wonder how many people scratch a new car on the way home then attempt to blame the dealership.

Reactions: IrnBru

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
To be fair unless you mention it before pulling away its a you vs them situation. Wonder how many people scratch a new car on the way home then attempt to blame the dealership.

Agree totally, it was the way it was denied - almost like they knew then just kept on lying... Refusing to even look the scratches. We picked it up in the dark after strangely the handover was pushed into the evening/dark!! It was also the day before it then snowed and we had no chance of spotting the scratches for a couple of days. Something went on - a bigger conspiracy theory than aliens at Area 51. :roflmao:

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Agree totally, it was the way it was denied - almost like they knew then just kept on lying... Refusing to even look the scratches. We picked it up in the dark after strangely the handover was pushed into the evening/dark!! It was also the day before it then snowed and we had no chance of spotting the scratches for a couple of days. Something went on - a bigger conspiracy theory than aliens at Area 51. :roflmao:

Was it a new or used car?

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Only just noticed you've parted company with your Leon. Did you hand it to Pentagon as a trade-in?
If so, I'm curious if they put it on their forecourt and how much they advertized it for, if you bothered
to notice.

Father has no intention of swapping his similar Leon for very many years, (unless it starts giving him
serious aggro) but it's interesting to see what retail prices they aim for on such a young car,
compared to the large discounts we all know the 1.2 SE Dynamic could be had with ordered from new.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Only just noticed you've parted company with your Leon. Did you hand it to Pentagon as a trade-in?
If so, I'm curious if they put it on their forecourt and how much they advertized it for, if you bothered
to notice.

Father has no intention of swapping his similar Leon for very many years, (unless it starts giving him
serious aggro) but it's interesting to see what retail prices they aim for on such a young car,
compared to the large discounts we all know the 1.2 SE Dynamic could be had with ordered from new.

Yep I traded it in as they wanted a quick deal for June registration on the Arona. Not flown off their forecourt over six weeks since we said goodbye...

https://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/seat/used-cars/leon/12-tsi-se-dynamic-technology/fl18snn

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Yep I traded it in as they wanted a quick deal for June registration on the Arona. Not flown off their forecourt over six weeks since we said goodbye...

https://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/seat/used-cars/leon/12-tsi-se-dynamic-technology/fl18snn
Maybe not too surprising at that price point, though it's understandable they've chosen that figure in context of SEAT's official On-The-Road price for a brand new one. No doubt they will use such information to imply what a good value bargain it is to any potential customer.

To be fair, anyone could buy a lot worse for similar money on any forecourt and they've made it look as good as possible on the website.
But I'm sure Dad will have a little chuckle to himself when he finds out, having got the same car, but with 3 added factory options and it cost him over £1K less...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Maybe not too surprising at that price point, though it's understandable they've chosen that figure in context of SEAT's official On-The-Road price for a brand new one. No doubt they will use such information to imply what a good value bargain it is to any potential customer.

To be fair, anyone could buy a lot worse for similar money on any forecourt and they've made it look as good as possible on the website.
But I'm sure Dad will have a little chuckle to himself when he finds out, having got the same car, but with 3 added factory options and it cost him over £1K less...:rolleyes:

It represents good value and anyone could get £1000 off if they gave the dealer a good kicking and the dealer would still be laughing. I brought mine for 1.5K less, so the new deals last year were pretty much outstanding :1st:

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
the new deals last year were pretty much outstanding :1st:
That can't be argued with - I've reminded him a few times what a tremendous amount of good car with a lot of
upto-date equipment he, (or rather I, doing the research) has got for his 'supermini bracket' money.

It's telling that he's avoided mentioning to his newish-car owning mates how much it was, who knowing he had
to wait for factory options most probably assume it cost in the £18K region that SEAT officially charges.