Hardwire Dashcam on mk6

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Anyone hardwired a dashcam on the Mk6 yet? I wondered how easy it is?
I would imagine its like any other car, first locate the fuse block under the dash, the on that side remove the pillar trim by (carefully) pulling it away from the metal pillar, then feed the wire from cam under the headlining towards the pillar then down and behind to the fuses, locate the fuse that has the power socket (usually goes off with the IGN) then get a fuse tap like this:
https://www.gearbest.com/other-moto...OvBNS6fmq4nA--3Un3xMhKRk3KtNzUqgaAkbwEALw_wcB
the connect it all up and refit the trim and all done !

KeithG

Mar 23, 2018
Reading
I’ve fitted one on my Excellence hardest bit was getting the earth/grounding bit on but the hiding under the trim was pretty straight forward think it took 20 mins in total mate.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I just booked it in to get Halfords to do it. I took the trim off to have a look and it all looked easy enough but in the end I just couldn't be bothered to do it myself.

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
I have a blackvue 750 dual channel installed by myself. Only use the 12V connection from the car itself.I put all the wires in the box of the armrest. On the backside of the armrest I have put the optional blackvue battery. But its pitty that battery works only 12 hours max. Then it's running out. The installing of the wires is really easy. 20-30 mins max.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.