How to activate and enable voice vontrol function?

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hi guys. Voice vontrol not working after retrofitting of my multimedia unit. It says contact dealer for an activation code. Dealers say they are unable to provide an activation code for this. Any idea how to enable voice vontrol function or are there anybody who can do this?

00a96799f31d1a79fc4e2c8eaa7de626.jpg

Deleted member 98136

Can I ask as to what multmedia you've fitted ? Thanks

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for that - I was thinking you may have installed one of those android after market units off ebay etc.

That unit that you've fitted is the version I have as factory fitted, I'm afraid I can't be any help but I'm sure that there's someone on here who can. Best of luck with it .

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Thanks for that - I was thinking you may have installed one of those android after market units off ebay etc.

That unit that you've fitted is the version I have as factory fitted, I'm afraid I can't be any help but I'm sure that there's someone on here who can. Best of luck with it .

Thanks for your comments. I never use after market products. Yes this is genuine seat part. I hope someone here able to help me to solve this problem.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I'd say if your local dealer can't get you sorted you are going to struggle unfortunately!

There was someone a while ago posted something similar (maybe it was you?) and no one seemed to be able to help.

I'd say MQB Coding might be your best hope - https://www.facebook.com/mqbcoding/

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Nobody could fix this issue. I need to buy SVM activation code for this. Is there anybody who knows a dealer who can provide me SVM activation codes?

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cihazimdan Gonderildi

Deleted member 98136

Seems a bit strange to me - supposing your factory fitted unit developed a fault which meant it had to changed for a replacement unit, surely the dealer would have the know how to do this, or would the replacement unit come with the necessary code(s) to activate the new unit ?

t4lly

May 31, 2015
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I've been looking at upgrading my head unit to one of the newer ones as I have the old 5" screen. If there are problems like this though I will probably go with an aftermarket one.

Can I ask where you got yours from as well? Was it a straight swap?

Deleted member 103408

@ysfdncr I am guessing this is a swap function that needs activation code that you have to pay for, although I am sure there are guys out there who have found a way to work around it.

For me i can see the following items using OBD11

Long Coding (0 not 1) on Control Unit 5F
byte_24_Voice_Control_System.
Possible options are Not activated, activated

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
@ysfdncr, I have a question. I have bought a used Multimedia unit 5QA035858A, SW 0359 HW H30 and a 6.5" SAT-NAV-TOUCH-SCREEN-UNIT-5F0919604A. I will receive these items within one week. Can you tell me if this Multimedia unit has a harddisk?
Thanks

No it does not have hdd. And your functions will not work after component protection removal. You will need activation.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I can do only if I have unit in my hand. Not possible remotely.

Is this a vin spoof ?? I heard they hack the unit change vin to car which already has activations then renable everything so vw think unit has been replaced due to fault.

Feb 16, 2019
Bonjour

J'ai le même problème que j'ai installé le 8 "avec lecteur de CD au lieu de 5".

Je n'ai pas de contrôle bluetooth et vocal.

Pouvez-vous m'aider, écrivez-moi une solution s'il vous plaît.

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise