Seat Mii - General Thoughts

Leo Logan

Jul 2, 2018
I am thinking of getting a Mii for my 28 year old son. Do you think it will be ok for long journeys? It's slightly cheaper the the Up! What is the actual difference between the two?

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
I 've done several posts on the "Any owners yet" thread about our experiences over almost 4 years with my wife's Mii. We originally looked at the Up! and Citigo but this was available pre-reg at a good price with decent spec.

No fundamental differences, the seats are the same even on the Gti, other than trim pattern. Some say the Up! has better soundproofing but I've driven a few and not noticed. You'll be aware of the differences in grille, rear window (and side window on the 3 door) which are a matter of personal taste.

The Up! does have a better choice of engines if you need more power, 90ps and 115ps (Gti), in addition to the 60ps and 75ps to be found in the Mii. We have the 60ps and it does the job perfectly well, very nippy in town, cruises fine at 70, returns around 50mpg in normal use (My wife only drives short trips). I have used it for a couple of 250 mile round trips up to Northumberland while I was between cars, and it coped ok, mid 50's mpg, though care is needed for single carriageway overtaking.

The Mii is not that popular on here (this is seatcupra.net after all!), but there are very helpful forums which have members with all 3 marques on www.upownersclub.co.uk and www.briskoda.net which are well worth a look.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I am thinking of getting a Mii for my 28 year old son. Do you think it will be ok for long journeys? It's slightly cheaper the the Up! What is the actual difference between the two?

I owned a 60ps Up! a few years back and was surprised at how nippy it was. No issues with motorway work, no powerhouse but cruised happily on the motorway light weight helped. Great fun to drive and good mpg, ideal first car. Although Mii values have apparently risen in the past six months.

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
I have experience of the 60ps Citigo and the VW Up, 90ps.
The Citigo was surprisingly adequate as regards performance, although you do need to work it. The 90ps engine in the VW however, is considerably more flexible and is a much more relaxing car to drive. I also found the Up to be quieter.
The gearbox in the Citigo left an awful lot to be desired in a modern car. However, the 90ps Up is fitted with the gearbox from the Polo and is vastly superior. It completely and utterly transforms the driveability and makes it a much, much better car to live with.
Fuel consumption is similar with the more powerful engine a little more economical.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members