SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

ibxxx

Nov 1, 2016
There is another massive thread that shows you how to update the maps. Don't bother downloading the update from the SEAT site as it is still at the 915 version. Go to VW website or download 1030 from here:

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z

Hopefully, you backed up the files from the SD card before your previous attempts as you need to put a file back on the SD card called OVERALL.NDS. If you didn't, you're stuffed..

Hi, is it the same procedure to update, just extract to sd card and job done ?

ibxxx

Nov 1, 2016
Hi
There is another massive thread that shows you how to update the maps. Don't bother downloading the update from the SEAT site as it is still at the 915 version. Go to VW website or download 1030 from here:

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z

Hopefully, you backed up the files from the SD card before your previous attempts as you need to put a file back on the SD card called OVERALL.NDS. If you didn't, you're stuffed..
, I downloaded 1030 from your link , extracted to sd card and
it didn't work ? Any ideas

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
Hi

, I downloaded 1030 from your link , extracted to sd card and
it didn't work ? Any ideas
As I understand it you need an SD that is already registered to the car. You can then use the procedure developed in the other thread to download and update the map version on that card.
It doesn’t mean you can use a card from another car, or a clone of it, in your car. Sorry!

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi yes all backed up and put back on as card . I will try the link . Thanks

Did it work fine when you put the backup files back onto the SD card? If so, it will confirm that the SD card is fine and is the one linked to your car.

Before you copied 1030 onto the SD card, did you format it to make sure it was all cleared down? When you copied 1030 onto the SD card, does it have only a folder called 'maps' at the root?

If all has been ok so far, you just need to go to your backup files on your PC and copy the 'overall.nds' file from the folder 'maps/EEC/EEC_WLD', to the same folder on the SD card and overwrite.

There's no reason why it shouldn't work if you've checked all above.

I've copied my 'overall.nds' file to several places on my PC as it is very important!

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
As I understand it you need an SD that is already registered to the car. You can then use the procedure developed in the other thread to download and update the map version on that card.
It doesn’t mean you can use a card from another car, or a clone of it, in your car. Sorry!

Not necessarily correct, I bought a SEAT SD V2 card from eBay (my car had V7) formatted it and copied 1030 to it with my own ‘overall.nds’ and it worked fine. This is on an MIB2.

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
Copy from spanish forum

Mib1 - Screen 5.8 "
version update: 0480 (Last version compatible with the device)
equipment compatible with this update: MIB 1GEN 5.8" HW: 041 FW: 0425

Download the file from:
Drive --- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxJGznK3NRXVRGRFWlJwaDhjNlU

Unzip the file. The final structure should be as follows:
Folder: SEAT_NAV_SSB
Folder: SEAT_PLUS_SSB
File: metainfo2.txt

Copy the two folders and file on an SD card Class 10 8GB (If the slowest car been use, the update can be longer, with Class 10 takes about 40 minutes)

Update method MIB1 5.8 "
1) Use SD 8GB at least and to be Class 10 (much faster)
2) Format the SD card in FAT32
3) Copy the data on the SD card (All folders and TXT file should be at the root of the card)
4) Insert the SD card into the player SD1 glove.
5) Put the car ignition (not start the engine under any circumstances or turning off the Infotainment)
6) Press the Menu button on the Infotainment and hold until you exit the service menu.
7) Select SW Update and click on Update.
8) Wait for the system to give us a Update Update message and confirm.
9) We connect the diagnosis device (Vagcom, OBDeleven, etc.) and perform a Scan.
10) Erase all faults.

On my car i start up the engine before run the update due to cold weather i wouldn't finished with flat battery. I used for flash USB disk 3.0 16GB
My hardware is 39 and software was 151
One screenshot from update
w2j4ll.jpg
Hi,
I'm about to perform this update, I'm on MIB1, HW 041 and software 0425.

One question I have. Does anyone know if the Traffic Sign Recognition feature which can be enabled still causes the "Traffic sign recognition: restricted" message to appear after a couple of minutes driving?

Sorry if its been covered somewhere already. The Traffic sign feature was ok but had to turn it off for the error message / beep was slightly annoying.

plugNNN

Aug 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Anyone had any issues with the MIB1 updates by any chance? What are the odds of getting your multimedia bricked?

Tempted to follow the tutorial tonight as I've just got hold of a odb11!

Big Al44

Aug 2, 2018
Well just managed to find a fat32 converter and done the download just doing the car now so far it’s updated 13 things .

plugNNN

Aug 15, 2018
All done don’t know what’s it’s done though maybe little faster
I tried doing it early on today but got to the end and was asking to verify error codes. I plugged in a error code scanner and not an obd11 so there was nothing I could do but press cancel.

Software version now shows blank. I guess I need to buy the obd11 device before I can do this

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hello, I have just validated everything I wanted (vcds) on my Léon ST FR of 2016 including the sign assist recognition. I now want to update the easy connect MIB2 because I am in version 242 and I would like to pass in 346. I saw that it was possible. Are there any who have made this update and if so, it does not disturb the update vcds already made before? Thanks for your feedback.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Hello, I have just validated everything I wanted (vcds) on my Léon ST FR of 2016 including the sign assist recognition. I now want to update the easy connect MIB2 because I am in version 242 and I would like to pass in 346. I saw that it was possible. Are there any who have made this update and if so, it does not disturb the update vcds already made before? Thanks for your feedback.
https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=600

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Is there any updates on MIB2 high?

Device part number, 5F0035020A.
Hardware, H42.
Software, 0319.
Yes, your versions are exactly the same as mine were before I updated on Sunday, I had to do the update in 4 stages, 0319 to 0674 (this gives the new 'tiles menu', then to 0818, then to 0897 and finally 1219. But I have an error code which I am trying to clear.

Reactions: maszu

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Yes, your versions are exactly the same as mine were before I updated on Sunday, I had to do the update in 4 stages, 0319 to 0674 (this gives the new 'tiles menu', then to 0818, then to 0897 and finally 1219. But I have an error code which I am trying to clear.
is that the installation error one ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise