what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
My reasoning was I'd leave the struts on for a few months to make sure they don't fail before I remove the arm. Nice to have a backup in case of failure. You've reminded me now so it'll be off tomorrow. Cheers lad!
Did you do this yourself or did you use a kit from eBay... £80 from eBay seems a bit steep to me considering it's just two gas struts and a couple of brackets. Probably most of the cost is due to shipping from Russia

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
My kit was the same price and I removed the stay as well. Didn't want it rubbing on my Forge intake I took the route of a TT RS engine cover.
IMG_20180202_142643.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Picked up my car from the shop, Sorting out the rubbing of the wheels - 80% done bit more to sort and then we are done.

Got my first reminder that I have lowered my car. In Lidl car park and then hit the kerb with my front splitter.

Lucky no damage just a lot of noise but its a reminder i have to pay attention parking the car with front splitter facing the path.

Reactions: leonisis

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Finally got round to updating my sat nav maps. Didn't work at first but the I dug out the original thread with the workaround on it and worked a treat. Am I right in thinking 0915 is the latest? It's definitely later than my 0730 that I was on in any case.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Finally got round to updating my sat nav maps. Didn't work at first but the I dug out the original thread with the workaround on it and worked a treat. Am I right in thinking 0915 is the latest? It's definitely later than my 0730 that I was on in any case.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The newest ones are 1030 I believe. I think it’s detailed further in the original thread.

Update V2 here you go.

cuprawill290

Jun 28, 2018
Northumberland
Well i changed the washer jets to fan jets last week and gave the cupra a nice wash and polish on Monday. But today i had a 62 mile blast up Northumberland back roads, Rothbury, otterburn ect. All i can say is the handling is amazing a couple of times when i was pushing abit not ven a hint of understeer and some great exhaust bangs when changing coming out of corners. Some of the roads are a mess though lust like the rest of Northumberland sadly

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.