Private reg

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Anybody recommened the best value place for buying a private reg? DVLA seems the obvious choice buy you cant design your plate . Cheers :)

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Use another site to design it and then buy through the DVLA

No point paying the premium to buy it from anyone else

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
So do you buy the plate though dvla first then design it after? Never done it before ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What do you mean by ‘design your plate’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
I'm with Dave Gorman when it comes to private/personal plates.
Each to their own of course, but I'm surrounded by the things in the supposedly a bit posh close
I live in - and can't help thinking they should have spent the money on almost anything else instead
- at the least a better car...

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Changing text and borders etc. :)

Isn't that down to whoever (motor factor/halfords etc) makes up your plates rather who you buy your desired number from, or am I misreading your question.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Im not sure thats why im asking. Never bought one before. So do you get a letter saying your new reg and you take it to whoever makes up the plate?
Isn't that down to whoever (motor factor/halfords etc) makes up your plates rather who you buy your desired number from, or am I misreading your question.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
What folk’s are suggesting is buy the registration mark from the DVLA, it’s the cheapest and always includes all fees in the listed price.

Then, once you have the documentation proving your own this ‘personalised registration’ you can buy the physical plates from anywhere, motor factor/Halfords/online...

My personal experience is to search for what kind of late you’re after on eBay - it’s often the cheapest online.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
What folk’s are suggesting is buy the registration mark from the DVLA, it’s the cheapest and always includes all fees in the listed price.

Then, once you have the documentation proving your own this ‘personalised registration’ you can buy the physical plates from anywhere, motor factor/Halfords/online...

My personal experience is to search for what kind of late you’re after on eBay - it’s often the cheapest online.
Cheers bud that makes sense now :)

nick.buchan2

May 10, 2018
Just make sure that whatever happens you don’t get German style lettering. Looks awful.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Just make sure that whatever happens you don’t get German style lettering. Looks awful.

I agree and illegal of course. Can never understand why you would want to attract the boys in blue with dodgy spacing or illegal fonts.

Reactions: nick.buchan2

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Also if you did get pulled for it I believe you could lose the right to use that number.
Yeah worst case is £1,000 fine and the number plate removed.

The DVLA are supposed to stop combinations that could be offensive but one certainly slipped through near me.

T111 ATV

Points for working out how they spaced it.
Bonus points for getting the make and model of the car it was on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.