Changing color of footwell lights.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I bought the covers that were mentioned in reply #10 and it seems to be a tight fit when getting them in, do they just need some force to make them fit in my 2015 Leon? I get the far end in where it connects but its the closest end which doesnt want to go in.

I ended up filing the corner of the new LED's that was stopping fitment.
Didn't take much but I couldn't get that corner to go passed the hole in the panel.

Reactions: CallumFox5

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I bought the covers that were mentioned in reply #10 and it seems to be a tight fit when getting them in, do they just need some force to make them fit in my 2015 Leon? I get the far end in where it connects but its the closest end which doesnt want to go in.

For both sides I got a knife and shaved about 1/4 to 1/2 a mm of the plastic, to just give it that little more room.

For the drives side, as the plastic was so flimsy I took out the compartment door and pushed down from the other side (it flexes a lot)

CallumFox5

Jan 9, 2018
For both sides I got a knife and shaved about 1/4 to 1/2 a mm of the plastic, to just give it that little more room.

For the drives side, as the plastic was so flimsy I took out the compartment door and pushed down from the other side (it flexes a lot)

Cheers mate

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs

It is a tight squeeze. A bit of love and persuasion gets them in and there’s satisfying click too.

I found it easier to remove the trim altogether rather than work in the foot wells.

CallumFox5

Jan 9, 2018
It is a tight squeeze. A bit of love and persuasion gets them in and there’s satisfying click too.

I found it easier to remove the trim altogether rather than work in the foot wells.

Did you remove the line of trim under the glovebox by the 3 screws, put the light in and screw it back on?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Did you remove the line of trim under the glovebox by the 3 screws, put the light in and screw it back on?
Yeah I removed the trim under the glove box - there’s 3 screws underneath at the top and then one right at the back in the centre which can be undone with a flat headed screwdriver.

Also removed the trim on the driver side so I didn’t stress any cables and I wanted to check why the bloody thing wasn’t clicking in.

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
a1c627528096727daa250b9fcddbee61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Have all the mk3s got footwell lights? Can't recall seeing them in mine.

Is it possible the previous user turned them off? I have mine set at 60% so they aren't too bright with my metal pedals. Just enough for a mood lighting :lol:

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Found them and everything else. Had the car a year now as well, though I barely drive it myself.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.