Dealer cost of front pads

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
So in the past the Lookers call centre have mistakenly quoted me the non-Cupra fixed price of £129 for front pads, and the dealer has honoured it. Does anyone know what they should cost from a dealer?

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I don’t know about pads alone but my dealer quoted £450 for discs and pads on the front and £350 for discs and pads on the back.

I am thankful everyday that I don’t have Brembo’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
I don’t know about pads alone but my dealer quoted £450 for discs and pads on the front and £350 for discs and pads on the back.

I am thankful everyday that I don’t have Brembo’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, me too! Will post whatever price I get quoted back here.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Swapping brake pads is one of the easier car DIY tasks. if you learn to do it yourself you can save a lot of money as the pads themselves are not expensive.

Reactions: black_sheep

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Are the Cupra pads the same as the Golf GTI performance pack / Octavia VRS 340mm set up?

If so I picked a set up from TPS for £65 this week for my Octy.

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Non brembo cupra pads cost me £78 for the front from the forum sponsor here. Fitted them myself and the only gotcha is the pushing back of the piston is impeded by the cupra plate on the caliper.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
I like my car too much to let myself loose on it! Lookers have again quoted £129 fitted, which I’m sure is not correct, but I’ll take it.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Non brembo cupra pads cost me £78 for the front from the forum sponsor here. Fitted them myself and the only gotcha is the pushing back of the piston is impeded by the cupra plate on the caliper.

I've just ordered some new CUPRA calliper plates. Did you need to remove them? if so, was it easy? I'm told they just clip on and off by my local dealer

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
No I left them on and worked around them
I've just ordered some new CUPRA calliper plates. Did you need to remove them? if so, was it easy? I'm told they just clip on and off by my local dealer

exmgman

Nov 30, 2009
On my last Leon I had fitted EBC discs and Ultimax pads. Found them more progressive than the OEM ones.

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Those prices sound ok for me actually... thought they may of been a bit more, although i was lucky with my 280, did 38k miles without replacing any pads

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members