New colour?

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Just don’t get into an accident with the desire red. It’s a 3 stage paint and complex to match, just spraying a part from a different angle will affect it.

My car was hit front Rh wing and door. Unfortunately it went to a bodyshop that weren’t very good, now it’s with a proper one the only way to rectify it is a full respray, only due to further scratches to LH Side caused by said garage.

7cc71fd5b092e50b8ff0df8393b04464.jpg

Petrol cap, rear bumper and right hand side have been sprayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
We had a call from the lease company telling us what we already knew about it being a 290 and that orange was no longer available.

We did we wanted to change to desire red and this they said would cost extra :argue:. However they called back and said they would honour the original price if we decided before 5pm. I asked if they were amending or creating a new order as we have waited since February and they said it shouldn't impact delivery date.

I will wait and see. In the meantime we will be asking seat for the £200 compensation they promised.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Just don’t get into an accident with the desire red. It’s a 3 stage paint and complex to match, just spraying a part from a different angle will affect it.

My car was hit front Rh wing and door. Unfortunately it went to a bodyshop that weren’t very good, now it’s with a proper one the only way to rectify it is a full respray, only due to further scratches to LH Side caused by said garage.

7cc71fd5b092e50b8ff0df8393b04464.jpg

Petrol cap, rear bumper and right hand side have been sprayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like it's a very difficult colour to match. Get the impression there'll be a few driving around in the future that'll look like Joseph's Technicolor dreamcoat if it's that difficult to match.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Didn't noticed there had been so many replies. Just placed my order yesterday, didn't want to take a chance on a colour I hadn't seen in person but luckily they had a Mystery Blue, Nevada White and Desire Red all next to each, and ended up going with the red as it does look amazing in person and especially in sunlight. Been told a 10-12 week wait, have these estimates been quite accurate for others? It's an FR Sport I've gone for.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Any pearlescent colour is extremely difficult to match unless whole car is resprayed. Same can be said about metallics to an extent.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Also the 10-12 weeks start when the order is accepted at factory.

Mine was approx 11 weeks. 1.2 SE Dynamic in Mystery blue with a few options. This was earlier in year though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Fyi Magnetic grey is noticeably darker. It still has that blueish tint that monsoon grey has but I'd say it's a little closer to the rodium grey that's on the ateca.
I wish seat would go with a colour like vw's indium grey or limestone grey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180911-073431_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20180911-073431_Auto Trader.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: admac21

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
From personal experience? No. I ordered my FR 22 weeks ago, and still no sign of it being built..

Yeah I've since seen Scroggs estimates and it looks like the time I was quoted was for a standard Leon build, as I'm getting the 1.5TSI FR Sport that essentially doubles the time to 18-20 weeks. :(

Fyi Magnetic grey is noticeably darker. It still has that blueish tint that monsoon grey has but I'd say it's a little closer to the rodium grey that's on the ateca.
I wish seat would go with a colour like vw's indium grey or limestone grey.

If that's an accurate representation then I'm glad I didn't go for it. I am however having thoughts of changing to Nevada white, as I'm getting the sunroof meaning most of the roof will be black, and the contrast with that and the white does look good I must admit. Or possibly silver, but I've noticed it doesn't get much love on here.

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
So I stopped by the Seat dealer earlier today and guess what was they'd just taken delivery of, a new Ibiza in Magnetic Grey! It took 3 advisors to confirm, but it definitely is the new colour. It still had the protective film on it and hasn't been cleaned yet but hopefully the pictures will give a good idea of what it looks like, better yet it was sat next to a Monsoon Grey Leon so you get a good idea of the colour it replaces under the same lighting conditions.

Edit: Pictures will be in next post.
Edit 2: Spelling
GZb44djkDfcZEiKn7

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackHammer
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.