Head unit change.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Leonlad would mind sending me a PM of all the details etc. I'm itching to get onto MIB2 so I can upgrade the maps. It turned a nice 2 hour 45 drive yesterday into a 3 hour 30 detour around what I think was Leeds city centre.

do you have vcds ?
what options does the car have just tech pack ?

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I don’t but a friend does.

Tech, convenience, winter and what ever front park sensor pack was called in 2013
same as mine then bar seat sound.

all you need to do is find a mib 2 unit with 02xx firmware and a screen usb cable comes from china and any seat sd card will work as long as it is the 6p0 part number.

install it get CP removed send it away install it back code to car and thats it.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
same as mine then bar seat sound.

all you need to do is find a mib 2 unit with 02xx firmware and a screen usb cable comes from china and any seat sd card will work as long as it is the 6p0 part number.

install it get CP removed send it away install it back code to car and thats it.

I guess finding a unit with 0245 is the tricky part?

Where did you get CP removed?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
This is a mod that is live to do. Just don't have the technical know how :(. Or any clue where to find the parts

damian SHAW

Sep 11, 2018
hi just reading the thread is there anyway to get the infotainment nav to work again after seat have removed the component protection now all it says is the navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Seat not the most help full with this matter

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
why does the screen say 5FO when we know it is the newer one, very confusing and why are the units so damn grubby

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
why does the screen say 5FO when we know it is the newer one, very confusing and why are the units so damn grubby
That screen is the same as the one I removed today from my MY16 Leon FR, it's the 6.5 inch version. Probably someone with dirty/greasy hands removed it.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
That screen is the same as the one I removed today from my MY16 Leon FR, it's the 6.5 inch version. Probably someone with dirty/greasy hands removed it.

Just weird they dont have the 6** whatever it is code that you seen on the info screen.

I understand they probably had grubby hands, but you would think for the purpose of selling it, one might take a bit more care with these things.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Just weird they dont have the 6** whatever it is code that you seen on the info screen.

I understand they probably had grubby hands, but you would think for the purpose of selling it, one might take a bit more care with these things.
I agree about the grubby hands, the 5F0 (or at least 5F) is something to do with being for MK3 Leon.

Reactions: zeffania

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I agree about the grubby hands, the 5F0 (or at least 5F) is something to do with being for MK3 Leon.

thought that must be the case. Maybe one day I can do this. Would be nice to have an up to date sat-nav as the turn by turn on the MFD is great

Deleted member 103408

You can always buy yourself a Head Up (HUD) sat nav so you get up to date maps in your line of sight (just like the MFD).

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You can always buy yourself a Head Up (HUD) sat nav so you get up to date maps in your line of sight (just like the MFD).
I don't like HUD's I know fighter pilots use them (but they are well trained) I think they would be too much of a distraction from the road and surroundings.

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
I was considering getting "hudly classic" heads up display. This is the only one available in the market which is not a bankrrupt/scam startup. And its augmented reality one. (projection around 5-6 feets away). Not just a reflection on your windscreen.

But still prefer head unit change over adding extra connections/wires hanging from my dashboard.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

@vikram soni Well I have a reflection on screen and reflection on popup unit on order to see if they work well enough. The bit I am excited about is I can use my Torque Pro unit (as it supports HUD display) as well as Google Maps so can have all the useful dials I need on the screen.

There are also Wireless charging cradles that you can have permanently on the dash with all the wires hidden and the phone gets charged at the same time.

Once I have completed my testing i will update my Torque Pro thread with my findings

I can also find a number of VW HUD units for sale and I know that my car's control units has the settings to enable it but I am going cheep and cheerful first as a proof of concept. You can see where VW are going with HUD based on what they are doing in the high end Audi's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vikram soni

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Not much really

A mib unit with 0245 firmware
A screen either 6.5" or 8" and a cable and a new sd card any seat as card will work as long as AS version.

There is a guy on shpock selling the whole kit search seat Leon/Ibiza sat nav system £150

Cable is is about £25
SD card cheapest you can find does not matter which version
Thanks for the info.
If i get the 5F0919606 radio and sat nav hard drive how do
i get the radio coded ?
Have you a link or email via PM ?
I would love to get mib2 with 8 inch screen have you the part numbers for these items ?
Cheers