Newbie question - Regarding Exeo specs and BOSE etc.

sciroccorrado

Aug 6, 2018
Morning all! New member looking to purchase an Exeo ST, but I have rather specific requirements on it. I want one with a sound BOSE system, but can't seem to find a way to tell if potential cars have it, relying on the dealer/seller to know/be truthful is troublesome. Are there badges on the speaker grilles or something similar?

Also does the combination of the Pioneer AVIC and BOSE systems work, as I might well look at that system rather than the RNS-E for blue-tooth ability over solid reliability. I have the RNS-E Mk2 in my Audi A2 currently and whilst I love it, the blue-tooth capability if it's not fitted initially is rather expensive, and I understand the Pioneer unit comes with it included.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
If you go to look at a car and want to be 100% sure it has Bose, open the boot, go to the drivers side and pop off the trim that's got a little handle on it. Behind that should be the sub box with Bose written on it in big letters. If you take the trim off and you see bodywork, it doesn't have Bose.

Tech models don't always have the Tech badges on them, I think they only came in with the 2012 facelift. Tech models have it as standard along with RNS-E MK2, pleather seats and a colour DIS. On other models Bose is an expensive option and it's very rare to find a car with that box ticked. Mine's extremely well specced but they didn't spec Bose. My last Exeo had it and I missed it dearly so I retrofitted it. It was a hard job but well worth it.

All Exeo models have bluetooth fitted as standard. As you know the OE stuff is expensive yet very basic. If you do want to upgrade at some point you can sell the RNS-E and Bluetooth module to pay for the new setup. Before you do though, have a read through the forum about Pioneer issues with Exeos. They were fitted instead of RNS-E's when the Aisin factory was affected by the tsunami in 2011. There were some issues initially but they got straightened out eventually with extra parts. Better to research now than rip out your radio loads of times!

robadub

Sep 3, 2018
They connect to your bluetooth device and play it through the Aux input of the RNS-E, if you have to remove the Aux connector to plug this in (can't see anyway of avoiding this) the bluetooth module will not work so no handsfree calls, no microphone, steeringwheel controls not working for voice commands etc
OK thank you so i have to remove the stereo and swap the aux input for this bluetooth device, which then renders the aux jack useless ?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Another option (if you want to stream from an iPhone and have the iPod dock in the glovebox) is to fit a "Tune2Air". It simply plugs into the iPod dock and you can skip tracks with the steering controls.

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Bose isn’t worth the time still ****, just binned all mine and fitted after market speakers with hidden 8” sub in the spare wheel.

Keeping the standard RNSE head unit does the job apart from lacking to be able to play dvds

robadub

Sep 3, 2018
Look for the TECH badge on the rear door, don't get the Pioneer version, the hands free does not work, the radio reception is pants, the RNS-E version has blue tooth for the phone but not for streaming . I had Pioneer, replaced it with an Android HU, replaced that with an RNS-E, by far the better option.
If you do need to stream music this is hardly expensive
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetoot...192453?hash=item2cbf7cdd85:g:FwsAAOSwBt5ZHlYZ

Does the fitting of these mean the 3.5mm aux jack stops working then ?

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
my 2011 sport tech has bose and the troublesome pioneer HU. The pioneer unit randomly cuts out and re-start but as it happens less than once a month it doesn't bother me.

And it does stream music from my phone through BT as well as take handsfree calls. Oh and it has full 7 digit postcode search unlike the RNS-E.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.