Odd issues apparently caused by ABS fault

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
Yesterday morning on the way I stopped for a moment at a fuel station. Got back in the car, started..... and:

* power steering didn't work
* start-stop system error
* tyre pressure system error
* ESC error

With great difficulty (if you never tried, trust me, steering a Leon without power steering is IMPOSSIBLE) I managed to get from the forecourt to a parking spot. Tried to start it at least 20 times, same error.

Called breakdown assistance. He checked everything was fine, read OBD port, nothing specific. Disconnected battery and reconnected, no luck. Eventually we decided recovery to a local garage for further investigation was the only option. Just as he was driving it onto the recovery vehicle ..... the error cleared, everything was fine. The only remaining error was the start-stop system error (which also disappeared after a while).

I took the chance and nothing else happened. Made an urgent appointment at my local garage today: they inspected it, found ABS software errors, but it had all cleared. Apparently some sort of software bug. Nothing faulty.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this? First time I've ever experienced any problems with my car, aside from a few flat tyres.

It has done about 163,000 miles, some 262k km. in 5 years.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Plus 1 for battery. Never had it on current leon but I've known other marques to have issues when battery is getting low / to the end of its serviceable life.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Another plus 1 for battery use to happen my old fiat. Water was getting in around number plate light use to drain the battery.