Mk3 300 4 Drive RPM Hesitation

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Does anyone else experience a slight hesitation under acceleration at exactly 2500rpm?

The gear doesn't make a difference, feels like my old Civic VTEC switching timing.

Am I crazy or is this normal for every EA888 engine? Certainly something in the engine running changes at this point as after 2500 the revs build faster.

DrEv1l

Mar 17, 2017
I have this exact problem on my 290 manual st. Stealer repeatedly tells me it is normal for the car... or blamed the fuel, or then accused me of remapping... nice.

May be the diverter valve but I've yet to find a good indy and i want to get the dealer to fix it!

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
I get exactly the same in a manual 280 and it annoys the hellout of me - there is a whole thread on it hidden somewhere; Seems pretty normal nowdays.

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
I use Tesco99 mostly.

However, i removed my Revo Induction Kit and went back to stock (with K&N panel filter). The hesitation is mostly gone now so i don't notice it. Assume it must be related to how much air it can suck in.

I also remember that there might be a mechanical change in the engine at 2500rpm - perhaps a cam profile or something which could feel like a hestiation?

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
I have this exact problem on my 290 manual st. Stealer repeatedly tells me it is normal for the car... or blamed the fuel, or then accused me of remapping... nice.

May be the diverter valve but I've yet to find a good indy and i want to get the dealer to fix it!

Would the DV not throw a fault if it had ruptured or anything? - Never had to replace one so i'm not sure; Equally has this fixed anyones hesitation?
I've got a service kit & cam follower on the way, but could try the DV too for the sake of what they cost, see if it makes a difference.

I'm also thinking that this 'Hesitation' is only happening to manuals, perhaps the DSG changes early because of it? - just food for thought

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
DV wouldn't always give an error code, its worth looking at, DV were weak on MK2 but not much talk of them on MQB.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
we logged Tesco Momentum 99 on my car and it was pulling loads of timing

Did you do any logging on other fuels? I usually use momentum but when my 290 comes in October (fingers crossed, it's getting built this week) I want to make sure I'm giving it the best fuel possible

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Did you do any logging on other fuels? I usually use momentum but when my 290 comes in October (fingers crossed, it's getting built this week) I want to make sure I'm giving it the best fuel possible
I've logged both Momentum and V Power, momentum without fail would pull timing, v power pulled little to none!

However this was with a peak boost of 23 psi, I've never logged the car running stock boost levels!

Worth noting, during logging and making pulls I could never feel the difference!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello

As above we logged Momentum 99 and V-Power Nitro+ as it was called back then.

Momentum pulled timing, V-Power didn't.

Was going to Log BP 97 but it was obvious without logging the car was stuttering etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.