What did you and your MK2 do today?

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Was going to clean the turbo and check the front end suspension for any play. Checked the front end suspension, all checks out so can only presume that the rattle sound I hear over speed bumps is coming from the back end.

On jacking the car up noticed a leak, as to get a better look at it needed to take the front bumper off. Pretty straight forward until a bolt rounded off, out came the drill!

Turns out the leak is from the air con system, looks to be a very slow leak and given that summers now been and gone I’m going to forget about it until next year.

Taking the other half’s passion wagon to work tomorrow (a Vauxhall Zafira with an animal related private reg plate) as my cars currently sat on the drive looking like this:

15de3dd5e6647dd3dba5af29cc1344eb.jpg

Tomorrow on getting home the plan is as follows:

- Turbo clean
- Kurust on some rust patches on the sill and front arches plus any underbody spots of rust, may purchase some waxoil if I get chance.
- Treat and paint the front wheel hubs, rears are done just hadn’t got round to doing the front.
- Clean and re-touch up the front Calipers
- Jack up the rear and check for any play in the suspension.

Looking at the above it may be a couple of evenings.

Edit: In addition to the above, took out those dam foam pads that sit in the arches.

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Tomorrow will be the first time leaving the Cupra R in an Airport car park... I will take many pictures on arrival lol

Nice early drive down the A1 at 5am... Should be fun!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Your leaving her in a car park??

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s
Yep :cry: I strongly dislike taking public transport so left with my car which does give me some personal time with her... I will ask the car park to take good care of her lol

She may even get a hug when I get back... But not on the paintwork obviously lol

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Well what a way to end my Leon days next week she is going but today I'm afraid I was caught speeding in her maybe more than once depending on if there was more hidden plod on the m62 so I may be letting her go but her legacy will haunt me for a few years lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Well what a way to end my Leon days next week she is going but today I'm afraid I was caught speeding in her maybe more than once depending on if there was more hidden plod on the m62 so I may be letting her go but her legacy will haunt me for a few years lol

Get yourself a snooper pal. Just don't leave it on show

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Got back from a weeks work in sunny Dubai. Took the R out of the garage down the m25 for a blast. She never misses a beat. Getting bits together to fit tte480 over xmas

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Spent two days without the car as MidlandVW fitted me a new headgasket! Fingers x'ed that's the end of my coolant leak!!
To cheer myself up, fitted my LED fogs:

eySpN2E.jpg

What led fog light bulbs did you use, I can't seem to find any canbus ones.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is your coolant issue sorted?

I'll keep hunting for error free hb4 fog light bulbs.

Hopefully... cost me 6.5 hours labour for a new head gasket. But going to jack it up next weekend and make sure nothings leaking. I think the only way to get the fogs error free is to go for one that includes the resistor wiring.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Am I going to be returning these and getting another set lol I'm currently error free on my leds...

I don't know. I'm not the luckiest of people. I've just mentally conditioned myself that the bulb warning light means "wow, you have supercool LEDs".

JohnnyMackers

Mar 17, 2016
2 weeks into ownership, first proper wash.. no snowfoam or wax yet.

Will be buying soon though, got a few hundred quid shopping list for detailing

Some questions though, got some grime round the rear lights, can't think of any other way to get to it than unscrew the light n wipe off?? Swirl marks? Use a light compound n wax? It's got quite a few stone chips I could try stone chip repair myself? Recommendations??

4a491448e68d0c5e0e27c0171cf94fd4.jpg

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.