Potential Android Auto/Apple Carplay upgrade for 2014/2015 cars

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
All,

While searching for ways to get Android Auto on my 2015 Porsche last night I stumped upon a company who offer the upgrade for Porsche/VW/Audi/Skoda/lambo/Bentley but guess what... Not SEAT. Reason is they are in Australia and SEAT aren't out there yet, New Zealand has SEAT but not Aus.

Anyway been talking to them via email about the Porsche and mentioned the MK3 Leon and they have said if I can provide some photos of the rear of the set ups in question they will compare it to the MK7 Golf setups they have tested to see if it will work or not.

So can a MY14 person send me some photos of the back of their screen and processor (in glovebox) I can send them to them and see if a solution can be found.

The solution for Porsche/MK7 Golf is to plug a few boxes in and new USB. When the phone is connected via USB and you press a certain button (Nav on Porsche) it boots into either Android Auto or Apple Carplay. You retain your OEM headunit and steering control and can still access all the OEM menu's.

Probably going to come in around £600, but a lot cheaper than having the £1400 retrofit done.

whiteyrfc92

Feb 12, 2018
Following, i have a 14’ Cupra but working away from home so unable to provide the pictures but definitely interested in the outcome of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I did have some photos of my own unit at some point, will see if I can dig them out.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Sounds like quite a bit of cash when you can get a fully fledged Android head unit for pretty much any make off the net, and its not a cut down version of Android either

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Sounds like quite a bit of cash when you can get a fully fledged Android head unit for pretty much any make off the net, and its not a cut down version of Android either
But then you don't get the ability to change the car settings like you would from either a retrofit or this solution.

I've just bought a Brodit phone holder, so I just run Android Auto on my phone through that. Would be nice to have a newer headunit though, the one in my dad's brand new FR is very nice...

Reactions: Damo H

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
This solution is running the fully fledged version of Android Auto. its not a cut down version or anything.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Are you looking for MIB 1 rear images?
34a2f9197689e8f622d2c78601c8201a.jpg

adb627dae6d231c42259179de43f9d9f.jpg
6d638057d924a7740fa2f534e3092edc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yep I stole some from eBay in the end, the company reckon the MK7 kit will work, just need to find out what settings it needs to be set on and also how it integrates into the system.

Reactions: ghostbustertab
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.