In driving is 12.3 12.4
When i take my foot off the gas is going up to 14.6
What it can be the problem
New agm battery is installed

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, do you have any other electrics running? Aircon? 12.4v is a normal voltage for a car battery. Does it go back up to 14.6 every time you let off the gas?

Yuval Kaganovich

Sep 25, 2018
Hi, do you have any other electrics running? Aircon? 12.4v is a normal voltage for a car battery. Does it go back up to 14.6 every time you let off the gas?
I dont have anything on the electric system and yes is go back every time i let the gas off

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What are you using to measure the battery voltage? Sounds like the alternator stops charging when put your foot on the gas. I'm not sure if this is normal or not for AGM. But... if it was a fault, your battery would be flat in a couple of weeks.

Yuval Kaganovich

Sep 25, 2018
What are you using to measure the battery voltage? Sounds like the alternator stops charging when put your foot on the gas. I'm not sure if this is normal or not for AGM. But... if it was a fault, your battery would be flat in a couple of weeks.
I have a voltmeter on the car

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'd be sticking the multimeter on the alternator next.

Yuval Kaganovich

Sep 25, 2018
Its not very conclusive, as the recording is not very good but which terminals have you connected it to as I suspect you have a bad connection try connecting it directly across the battery
Live this volt meter i have check on the battery to
On battery 12.5 on the volt meter 12.3

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Is this perhaps the regenerative braking occuring on all 'eco' cars these days, channelling back power back? Is your a 1.4 EcoTsi / 1.5 Evo?

Reactions: Walone

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Was it always a constant 14v before ?

Some manufacturers have a system where under acceleration the alternator disconnects. Do SEAT's do this ? This could be what you are seeing.

Yuval Kaganovich

Sep 25, 2018
Was it always a constant 14v before ?

Some manufacturers have a system where under acceleration the alternator disconnects. Do SEAT's do this ? This could be what you are seeing.
I have this all the with the efb to but the voltage was 12.8 at driving

Yuval Kaganovich

Sep 25, 2018
If i disconnect the wire from the battery monitor control unit the voltage is 14v can i live it disconnect no light on the dashboard just start stop not working

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.