Diverter Valve for Cupra 290

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
i had one of these on the golf.

Advantages:

You can fit it yourself in like 30mins on your drive (anyone can its easy)
You can hear it when youre booting it

Disadvantages:

Never quite sure if it made a difference, never noticed it feeling any worse tho :)

If youre one of us that likes to constantly play with your car then go for it and enjoy!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
i had one of these on the golf.

Advantages:

You can fit it yourself in like 30mins on your drive (anyone can its easy)
You can hear it when youre booting it

Disadvantages:

Never quite sure if it made a difference, never noticed it feeling any worse tho :)

If youre one of us that likes to constantly play with your car then go for it and enjoy!

Awesome! Thanks. :)

I am certainly one that likes to constantly play with my car so it'll be on the list of the next things to buy :)

Have you replaced the DV to intake return hose by any chance?

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Yeah - trying to keep everything looking rather tame but upgrade the hoses to silicone. Got nothing from Forge yet - only the Racingline (VWR) hoses.

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
its fine its one of them things that you cant really tell youve fitted but in the grand scale of things will be adding to the overall build.

DrEv1l

Mar 17, 2017
Hi All,

I just bought this for my 290 ST and Im having real problems getting it fitted. the plastic housing from the turbo seems to be blocking my getting it twisted around. mine is a 2016 car was there any change in the DV or something thats stopping this? Ive taken off the airox and pipe to the turbo but that housing that the airbox pipe attaches to is the problem. is it possible to take that housing off?

thanks

DrEv1l

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
Hi All,

I just bought this for my 290 ST and Im having real problems getting it fitted. the plastic housing from the turbo seems to be blocking my getting it twisted around. mine is a 2016 car was there any change in the DV or something thats stopping this? Ive taken off the airox and pipe to the turbo but that housing that the airbox pipe attaches to is the problem. is it possible to take that housing off?

thanks

DrEv1l

The black piece thats connected to and then comes out of the turbo? I'm sure theres some torx bolts securing the black piece which you undo

See if you can find anything in the workshop manuals: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/
Credit to Paddy6789

Reactions: paddy6789

DrEv1l

Mar 17, 2017
Typical it was me being a plonker. Bought the wrong DV+. Had the one for a mk6 golf. The mk7/ cupra one has a 90 degree kink to move the solinoid clear of the inlet. Thanks youtube as always.

Yes the intake did cone off yuo were right. Single screw and then a twist. Was a b457ard to put back on again but all back to stock and the part sent back to swap for the right one!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.