what did you and your mk3 leon do today

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
Not a bad result considering poor Irish fuel and trying to keep the stock clutch in one piece for the minute

These cars are seriously understated
Standard file 308bhp vs 276bhp
409nm to 350 lol

P_20180927_183313_vHDR_Auto_HP_1.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Decided that some black details are a MUST!

1f6b61ec29faaa13c6be95536ffbad35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has a neighbour gone and copied your car? Just hate it when that happens! My neighbour did the same car twice in a row now, same colour spec etc, although his latest is an FR ST with Cupra Performance Pack Wheels. But for most people it looks the same car.

Going to print a massive sign saying ‘copy this’ for when the Carbon arrives :D

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Got the formal approval from my lease company to do a few mods yesterday, so naturally had my Cupra 300 remapped today

366bhp
470nm torque
Better throttle response
Less lag
Same fuel economy

And I thought they were quick standard..!!

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Got the formal approval from my lease company to do a few mods yesterday, so naturally had my Cupra 300 remapped today

366bhp
470nm torque
Better throttle response
Less lag
Same fuel economy

Nice one. Any other supporting mods?
Was that a custom tune too?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Nice one. Any other supporting mods?
Was that a custom tune too?

Yes, it was a custom tune from a small local company to me called Performance Edge Remaps.

I've been nagging him for a few days and asking loads of questions! He was very good and talked me through it all. They've done lots of Golf Rs (same engine) and quite a few Cupras. He fitted me in today at very short notice and the whole process took about an hour from start to finish.

I haven't had any other mods done yet (besides the resonator delete) but I'm thinking about going for an induction kit and a turbo muffler delete. I don't want to spend too much more as it all has to be taken off when I hand the car back..!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm just going to put this here so people know what's happening if you don't look at the local meet threads...

SCN meet
Currently 10 ish people (not all local)
Date Saturday 13th October.
Meet time 11 am
Location - one of the car parks - TBC

Some people are staying over, meet up, have some lunch, go for a drive, then the world is our oyster.

If anyone fancies a meet up with some like minded people please make your feelings known here - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....get-them-arranged.445464/page-19#post-4800173

Cheers

Reactions: Damo H

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch

366bhp
470nm torque
Better throttle response
Less lag
Same fuel economy

Suprised the lease company let you go as far as a map with letting you do mods due to the warrenty issues, I guess they just see it that if something goes wrong you'll have to pay yourself

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Suprised the lease company let you go as far as a map with letting you do mods due to the warrenty issues, I guess they just see it that if something goes wrong you'll have to pay yourself

When I emailed them, I made it pretty clear that I understood the implications regarding the warranty and I confirmed that I would cover the cost of any damage incurred, as well as the cost of taking everything back to stock (which I might not need to do yet as I might be buying the car once the lease ends)..

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Played cat and mouse on the way home from Night Shift with another Cupra. I overtook the other car and then got undertook coming off a roundabout. Other car pulled into a garage for petrol and I carried on home thinking about cars and bed

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
Finally witnessed some dsg farts from my exhaust. They have eluded me up til now as I tend to drive around in my individual setup (all settings cupra except dcc, which is in comfort, owing to the pretty terrible roads we get around here). They seem to occur in both sport and cupra modes, the only discernible difference being the dcc settings from my individual setup; It may of course be a red herring.

I was wondering whether others have had similar experience with individual setup and the dsg noise?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Finally witnessed some dsg farts from my exhaust. They have eluded me up til now as I tend to drive around in my individual setup (all settings cupra except dcc, which is in comfort, owing to the pretty terrible roads we get around here). They seem to occur in both sport and cupra modes, the only discernible difference being the dcc settings from my individual setup; It may of course be a red herring.

I was wondering whether others have had similar experience with individual setup and the dsg noise?

I get some lovely DSG farts from my 300, but I've had the res delete done which makes a big difference.

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
I get some lovely DSG farts from my 300, but I've had the res delete done which makes a big difference.

That’s something I am seriously considering now, after reading about other people’s experiences. What is the drone like?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
That’s something I am seriously considering now, after reading about other people’s experiences. What is the drone like?

There have been a few threads about it recently mate, where the same question has been asked. Would be worth a look

Personally I hardly notice any difference inside the car when I'm driving normally. It's only when you put your foot down that it makes itself known! Motorway drone is slightly more than stock, but certainly not much.

Reactions: Stephenator280
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.