Need wiring diagram

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary,

Really appreciate your help with all this. So but the looks of it I should of connected to the blue/black wire at c pillar area after the 10 pin connector?

Many thanks,
Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Look for a black/blue wire that comes onto pin 1 of the 10-pin connector from the front of the car and then exits the other part of that connector on pin 1 as a grey/white wire. That's the wire you need to tap into.

I also noticed a minor mistake on the second wiring diagram I created so I'll correct that when I next have access to the editing software.

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Gary thanks alot for your help my friend. I'll hopefully get the wire swapped over 2day or 2moro all being well and ill report back :)

Thanks again
Chris

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I'm not sure if you ever managed to get this sorted but I've now corrected the mistakes in the RVC wiring diagram in post #20. The T10h connector (on the C pillar) is a new inclusion, and the descriptions for * and *2 have been swapped over because they were the wrong way round.

Youngers

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Gary sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I have been working away so haven't had a chance to look at my car again until now. Basically ive sorted out the wiring but only issue im having now is that the park pilot system is only working when ever my tailgate lid is opened. As soon as I close it the park pilot system stops displaying on the infotainment monitor but the pdc gong still continues to beep but no camera or park pilot on screen. Have you any ideas?

Thanks again
Chris

Deleted member 98136

Am I correct in thinking that the bulbs etc in the tail-gate only become 'live' once the tail-gate is fully closed ? :confused:

Toms85

Dec 29, 2017
Can you tell if there is any difference connecting the PDC/OPS module to can bus, from LHD to RHD?

I am having problems getting the OPS working in my Leon from 2014. The sensors are working, I can communicate with the module and no errors. But it wont show on the screen :confused::)

My understanding is that the Infotainment system receives a signal that the car has been put into reverse either via a CAN Bus message or from a voltage via one of the BCM pins, and not from the Rear View Camera.

If you think about it logically, the Infotainment system will switch on the OPS when the car is put into reverse even without a camera fitted, so it can't be the camera that notifies the Infotainment system that the car has been put into reverse. The trigger wire from the reversing light circuit to the camera is simply used to turn on (power up) the camera itself. The two wires that go from the RVC to the quadlock connector on the Infotainment control unit only carry a video signal and nothing more.

So your Infotainment system will be switching to the camera display mode when you put the car into reverse based on the coding you've done, but it won't be receiving any video signal from the camera on the 2 quadlock wires due to the camera not being powered up so that would explain the blank screen.

Below is the wiring diagram for the inner tail lights on the boot lid that contain the reversing light and fog lamp. The reason for the wiring diagram showing two different sets of wires going from the BCM (J519) to the reversing bulb and the fog lamp bulb is because the two lights are swapped over on LHD and RHD cars with the fog lamp always being on the offside of the car.

I've also included another wiring diagram that shows the RVC wiring on a Leon Mk3. This isn't an official diagram because one doesn't seem to exist, but it's one I've created myself in the same style as other VAG wiring diagrams and it's been compiled from wiring information I found for the same type of RVC that's installed on other VAG cars. I'm fairly confident that this custom schematic is an accurate RVC wiring diagram for the Mk3 Leon. This also shows two wires going from the BCM to the "power on" wire of the RVC for the same reason that on a LHD car the reversing light voltage comes from BCM pin T73a/64, and on a RHD car the reversing light voltage comes from BCM pin T73c/11.

BrockDorf

Oct 1, 2018
Hi....in the case of wiring i would like to say VAG wiring diagrams can be a bit confusing at first if you're not familiar with the notation they use. They try and simplify the huge diagrams of wired together components and the spaghetti mess of lines that you normally see in other wiring diagrams by using a "track" numbering system instead.

local seo

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Hi....in the case of wiring i would like to say VAG wiring diagrams can be a bit confusing at first if you're not familiar with the notation they use. They try and simplify the huge diagrams of wired together components and the spaghetti mess of lines that you normally see in other wiring diagrams by using a "track" numbering system instead.
Yes, as I said in the second paragraph of post #6 of this thread over a year ago which you've simply just cut & paste into a new post of your own.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/need-wiring-diagram.438129/#post-4722880

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.