DSG Judder in Reverse

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
Hi all, hopping someone can help me with this, we have a 67 plate Alhambra 2.0 tdi 184 DSG se lux. When reversing on a steep or very steep hill I get a very bad judder when pulling off. Doesn’t judder in any other gear, just reverse. You get a kind of flutter or light judder when Reversing on the flat but hardly noticeable. Dealers have tried but said everything was normal. I have a friend that works at VW tho and he tells me that the VAG group are aware of this issue but don’t have a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

runboy

Alhambra 2.0TDI 150bhp Excellence DSG
Oct 14, 2001
Norfolk
Sorry, can't help with your specific problem but we have a 67 reg 150bhp DSG and I have managed to get the engine to stall in reverse when the engine is cold. Too light on the power and it just stalls but make sure you have a positive right foot and it's fine. Weird as I didn't think you could stall the DSG.

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
Finally got round to getting it in at the dealers they initially tried to re calibrate the DSG box but to no avail. Ended up having a new clutch pack and dmf also. The problem I had progressed to the point it would stall in first and reverse and get stuck in second gear. Can’t fault the dealer who really looked after me and initially put me in a brand new arona then got vag h/o to supply me with a more suitably sized loan, a brand new Audi Q7 Quattro S line. (Very nice) for s couple of weeks. All of the other symptoms have gone bar the judder on take up in reverse on a hill. Don’t know if it’s just the way they are or not but the dealers don’t seam to concerned! Only time will tell! Does anyone else’s do that?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise