Supercopa jacking point covers

ads24000

Oct 5, 2018
So my driver side jacking point cover of my 2012 leon fr supercopa has fell off and it appears as though there are two different types of this part for the btcc side skirt depending on the car model. Does anyone else with this car know if the part number starts with 1P1 or 1PL so i can order a new jacking point cover? Also how would i take the passenger side one off to try find out myself if no luck? Cheers

t121anf

May 14, 2004
To remove, put you hand under the cover, reach to the back and pull down. If they haven't been removed before you may need to pull harder than you feel comfortable with.

Once the rear clips are out it'll swing down on the front, unhook and slide the retaining bit out of the skirt.

When you refit, drill some holes in the cover and skirt, cable tie them on.

(I'm not convinced a well fitted one will just fall off, not going by the force required to remove, either the rear clips must be broken or they get stolen, either way I cable tied mine on early into ownership to avoid having to replace any)

ads24000

Oct 5, 2018
To remove, put you hand under the cover, reach to the back and pull down. If they haven't been removed before you may need to pull harder than you feel comfortable with.

Once the rear clips are out it'll swing down on the front, unhook and slide the retaining bit out of the skirt.

When you refit, drill some holes in the cover and skirt, cable tie them on.

(I'm not convinced a well fitted one will just fall off, not going by the force required to remove, either the rear clips must be broken or they get stolen, either way I cable tied mine on early into ownership to avoid having to replace any)

Thank you so much managed to get it off easy enough, found out the part number so I can get new covers ordered. Will defo consider screwing them in, lots of people seem to have issues with them falling off, thanks for the help.

JAMBON13

Jul 23, 2016
Did you find out what one you needed in the end? I'm after a N/s/f one for a supercopa in blue

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

johnodeleyo

Jan 14, 2018
I had to replace both of mine. One flew off on the motorway, and the other was stolen (I think). They only come in primer grey, so you will need to get them painted to match the colour of the car. I got mine from ebay.

You might be able to find someone, maybe a breaker who is selling a the jacking point covers from a model with the same colour, but the Supercopa doesn't seem to be that common - I was unsuccessful.

Luckily I have a family member who can paint mine, but im unsure how much the painting will cost. The covers were £25 each. You also need to check whether the part number for your car begins with 1PL or 1P1. They are slightly different and if you order the wrong one it wont fit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members