Cupra 280 Cam Follower Replacement

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
I've got a cam follower and seal which I purchased as a routine check part after doing it on the old style with the black coatings, however when it arrived it is not what I was expecting lol, it has a runner instead of the coating.

Has anyone replaced one on a 280 etc who can run me through it or has a guide anywhere?

The pump is of different design too, would rather some info before I go in blind and start undoing things?

It's not the traditional tsi one if you Google cam follower replacement?

Thanks.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Didn't think the roller needed replacing. It's only on the MK2s which had the cam follower and needed it pretty much every year.

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
Didn't think the roller needed replacing. It's only on the MK2s which had the cam follower and needed it pretty much every year.

It's all packaged up still so will be going back, Completely threw me when it arrived lol; My own fault for assuming and not looking it up first :fool:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, there's an upgrade kit for the mk2 that allows us to fit a roller like on the mk3 therefore never needing to do the cam follower. I was tempted, but its £500. Just for the kit. That's a lot of cam followers. LOL!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.