Cupra 300 Recall..?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I’ve not had an email from them when was the email sent can I ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
So I called Listers this morning.

It’s something to do with a signal booster(?)...

They need to have the car in to check the signal booster, and if it’s got a faulty one they will remove / replace it.

Takes about 1.5 hours and I’ve got the car booked in this afternoon.

I told them about my remap and asked them not to remove it as it has been approved..!!

Reactions: cupra300uk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah recalls tend to be rather specific and don't they usually come in the form of a letter? I know it's 2018 but emails can be easily hacked etc. Can you be sure this is not a scam email? Seems vague enough that you'd click a link just to find out what it was about and then boom, they have access to your entire pc. I never trust a suspicious email nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not a scam. The email advised me to call Listers, which I did this morning. They confirmed the recall and I’m booked in this afternoon.

Reactions: R4CK5

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Yesterday afternoon mate

Cheers will keep an eye out for an email from them in case mine’s the same am also interested to know if SEAT will try and get me to hand my SC back to them in exchange for a different car at some point in my lease

Reactions: Tully1980

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Cheers will keep an eye out for an email from them in case mine’s the same am also interested to know if SEAT will try and get me to hand my SC back to them in exchange for a different car at some point in my lease

You never know!!! Pre Frankencupra 300’s May be in demand lol

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Can you elaborate on this part? (unrelated i know).

You are leasing, right?

Yep, I’m leasing my car. I’ve had it remapped (which has been approved by the lease company). I just want to make sure that the dealer doesn’t remove the remap when I take it in.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Yep, I’m leasing my car. I’ve had it remapped (which has been approved by the lease company). I just want to make sure that the dealer doesn’t remove the remap when I take it in.

Does "approved by the lease company" mean your warranty is still void?

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Does "approved by the lease company" mean your warranty is still void?

It essentially means that if anything goes wrong with my car (resulting from the remap), then I have to pay to have it sorted.

Reactions: walshy

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
So I’m currently sat at Listers now, waiting for my car.

All they’re doing is disconnecting the wireless signal booster because it can apparently interfere with emergency service radios. They don’t remove anything and don’t need to plug the car in (so my remap stays intact).

Happy days

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So I’m currently sat at Listers now, waiting for my car.

All they’re doing is disconnecting the wireless signal booster because it can apparently interfere with emergency service radios. They don’t remove anything and don’t need to plug the car in (so my remap stays intact).

Happy days

You sure they aren't fitting a GPF

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.