Ibiza 1.4 16v BBZ high oil consumption

Grounder

Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys!
I have a 2002/11 BBZ Ibiza.
I'm getting high oil comsumption, its about 1 liter/3000km in normal use(work and etc. 2x30km per workday), but on the motorways on longer trips its eating lot more oil. 1liter on 1000km, this probably because of the constant high rev.
Any tips what can I do? Yes, I know the user manual says till 1liter / 1000km its okay, but come on its not okay.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I had an using issue with a 2002 9N Polo years ago, it had the BBY engine, ie the 75PS version of the BBZ 100PS, I ended up replacing the oil separator assembly and that sorted it out right away.

I'm not sure how much maintenance you can carry out on these oil separators - I thought that it had a flap motor built into it maybe to limit the volume of air passing through it at certain engine conditions, some people claim that they only have a heater element to prevent that area freezing in extreme winter conditions. I took the old oil separator to bits slightly - I should really have cut it open completely to see how it was built up and if it really did have a flap motor inside it!

The A series of engines did have ring wear issues, but not the B series of engines as far as I know.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.