what did you and your mk3 leon do today

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Exactly right i sat on the dual carrigeway on the way home and got the same mpg as I i used to get going to work. But out your foot down and youll notice the difference. Shes much more responsive with no lag at all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Thanks for the replies, I’m pretty good at keeping an eye on my speed yeah I would contact VWFS before I did anything but I think that if something were to go wrong with the engine or turbo (no idea what would go wrong or what it would most likely affect) but I imagine it’s an expensive fix, so will probably leave it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
The map makes no difference to your mpg, its your right foot using the power that does in my experience.

Oh and one other thing I did to stop loosing my licence turn on the speed warning so you dont end up going over 100 unless you mean to.

There is one called Winter Tyre Warning, and there is another one that you can also set from the car info unit. There is a third one you can enable via OBD11
How do you set the winter tyres warning and what exactly is it? Sounds like a good idea.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I’m pretty good at keeping an eye on my speed yeah I would contact VWFS before I did anything but I think that if something were to go wrong with the engine or turbo (no idea what would go wrong or what it would most likely affect) but I imagine it’s an expensive fix, so will probably leave it for a while

VWFS is who I’m with. As you say, you’re more liable to front the cost of any repair work if you had the remap done so it’s definitely something to consider.

Reactions: cupra300uk

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
70BF2D4D-A031-4548-8E87-DE6373CCBD7C.jpeg
Not today but fitted the rdx splitter

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Right so you might say why buy a cupra if your going to worry about mpg. Basically i bought it for work and play. I do 35 each way but work week on week off. (So week off is for fun) Sat at 62 all the way to work today mix of single and dual carriageway miles. Mpg exactly the same as before the stage 1 map. Obviously this is sensible driving, if you put your foot down you can see the fuel disappear before your eyes. Basically if you want a car that gives performance and a decent mpg when you need to be sensible this is it. With the map of course :)
be17a9caec17563fd397c26305753a3f.jpg

Deleted member 103408

No problem ill have a look when I get to work in the morning. Good idea though

OK Have checked it out.

Under Car Settings and Tyres you have the rubbish tyre pressure bit then under that is shows Winter Tyres.

There is a tick box to display the warning and under that you set the speed you want the warning

Under MFDisplay settings you have a speed warning tick box (this is a fixed speed of 120km I thin)
And there is another speed warning you can tick - then in the small screen between speedo and rev counter you can see the speed warning and reset it to the speed you want.

Enjoy the power and mind the old bil.

Last comment make sure you get it serviced on or before its due and use good oil as you are using this engine and it needs protection to give long life.

I am very jelious of that new power feeling.

Reactions: afcajax73

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
OK Have checked it out.

Under Car Settings and Tyres you have the rubbish tyre pressure bit then under that is shows Winter Tyres.

There is a tick box to display the warning and under that you set the speed you want the warning

Under MFDisplay settings you have a speed warning tick box (this is a fixed speed of 120km I thin)
And there is another speed warning you can tick - then in the small screen between speedo and rev counter you can see the speed warning and reset it to the speed you want.

Last comment make sure you get it serviced on or before its due and use good oil as you are using this engine and it needs protection to give long life.

Cheers buddy its a great help. Yeah i struggled to be sensible on the way to work this morning but theres no point wasting money just getting to work. Whats next on your list after the stage 3 ? Any more plans for her ?

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
OK Have checked it out.

I find the speed warning limit adequate, like oldboy confimred it gives a warning ding and flashes up on the dash once the predetermined speed limit is reached which comes all too fast now with my stage 1.

Deleted member 103408

Cheers buddy its a great help. Yeah i struggled to be sensible on the way to work this morning but theres no point wasting money just getting to work. Whats next on your list after the stage 3 ? Any more plans for her ?

Oh yes lots and lots to do, I fancy a wrap like @Leeoncupra has (Red and White Malborough colours) with a bit of Revo 3 on the side.
She will end up as a full time track car so then suspension will be changed to race version.
Need to get the HUD system working and I have many plans for the Inside (no not replacing screen for bigger one as that is what HUD is for)

Also need to get myself some semi slicks for the track.

But need to start saving for all of that.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.