Drivers Floor Mat Issue

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Hi all.

Got a 2017 Leon... and my drivers floor mat already has a hole in it, where the bottom of my right foot rests when I'm using the accelerator. Has anyone else had this issue?

Never experienced it in any of my previous cars... and this is the first car I've had with Cruise Control so if anything, my foot is in that position less than it would normally be!

So just surprised that my mat already has worn through! I believe they are official Seat mats, but will have to check. There's no logos or anything on the top of them, but will check labels etc underneath tomorrow.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@daniel_ley; does anyone else drive your car (partner/wife who wears shoes with prominent, pointed heels that could ‘dig’ into the mat)?

If you’re the only driver, then I’d say the mat is probably defective, although you may find if you try and claim for a replacement under warranty, Seat will say it’s wear and tear, due to driving style.

I personally prefer the better durability of rubber mats and have swapped out my carpet mats for rubber ones, which I leave in all year round. A quick wipe over when I clean the car and they look as good as new, and no wear issues. No soggy mats in wet or snowy weather either.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The previous owner may have been very hard on the mat, perhaps boots with segs on them. My bet though it is that they are not Seat mats. You can buy eBay mats that at first glance look the same, fit on the pegs and everything, but they are thinner. Still hard to go through them that quickly.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Mine has a noticeable pit in it too, no hole though. Mine is 4 years old now though, and are the genuine Seat ones as they still have the stickers on the back.

I saw someone bought some nice ones from some guy from eBay with Cupra badges on them, can't find the post though.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
I have an unused set of genuine mats for sale in the ‘For Sale’ section.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I have a hole in my 17 plate fr mat but it's under my clutch pedal. Think it's where I where shoes for work (brogues, not heels ), the hard heel digs in and I have a terrible habit of leaving my foot over the clutch rather than using the rest. Doesn't help that there are a few sections of start stop traffic with clutch control on my commute. Mine is also pitted under the accelerator but no hole as of yet. Covered 32k so far and the appeared at around 18k maybe?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
I put a hole in my 66 plate cupra within 10000 miles, don't wear work boots or anything in it, think it was just how I rested my foot

I've seen a few mats like this, i think it's dependant on how people rest their feet, mine had one in already when i bought it, and i'm starting to make one in my 2nd set lol.

You can get genuine replacement parts from RPS online via Facebook; IE Anything direct from seat - message him for you guys wanting genuine matts.

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I got this set off eBay, they're not available anymore though. The drivers mat has an extra layer of fabric to prevent wearing through to the bottom.They look the business too with the Cupra logos and white trim.
EFDqI0w.jpg

Reactions: zedlor

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
@daniel_ley; does anyone else drive your car (partner/wife who wears shoes with prominent, pointed heels that could ‘dig’ into the mat)?

If you’re the only driver, then I’d say the mat is probably defective, although you may find if you try and claim for a replacement under warranty, Seat will say it’s wear and tear, due to driving style.

I personally prefer the better durability of rubber mats and have swapped out my carpet mats for rubber ones, which I leave in all year round. A quick wipe over when I clean the car and they look as good as new, and no wear issues. No soggy mats in wet or snowy weather either.

Nope no else drives it except me! I’ve checked and it’s definitely a genuine Seat mat. I think the issue is with my work shoes and just the position I rest my foot when I’m driving. I was thinking exactly the same when considering claiming under warranty, I know they’ll just say it’s standard wear and tear but I’m pretty sure it’s not meant to get a hole in it after just over a year! Nevermind. I just need to find a replacement but all I can find is a set of 4 mats but I only need 1!

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
I've seen a few mats like this, i think it's dependant on how people rest their feet, mine had one in already when i bought it, and i'm starting to make one in my 2nd set lol.

You can get genuine replacement parts from RPS online via Facebook; IE Anything direct from seat - message him for you guys wanting genuine matts.

Yeah seems to be just how I rest my foot but just seems weird that it’s never been an issue with any cars I’ve previously had. I’ll take a look at the Facebook page, thanks!

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I got this set off eBay, they're not available anymore though. The drivers mat has an extra layer of fabric to prevent wearing through to the bottom.They look the business too with the Cupra logos and white trim.
EFDqI0w.jpg
Sorry, but they are hideous.......just how long will the white remain "white"

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members