Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Tell

Staff member
So are those map links to different map versions ? Older and newer or the same ?
For the standard 1030 is the latest one. Seat sites don't keep up.

It's all the same update whether Seat, Skoda or VW. It versions to the one you need when it's loading. Think it's just Seat garages for Seat, Skoda for Skoda and VW for VW.

Then there is the Discover Pro, Columbus and Seat Plus file for the Mib2 High unit (same high unit packaged differently on the dash). So basically two updates for standard and high units every six months covers all brands. You get it from the first site offering it.

Then you have MIB2.5 with gesture controls, same series of uploads.... that's reassuring.

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
For the standard 1030 is the latest one. Seat sites don't keep up.

It's all the same update whether Seat, Skoda or VW. It versions to the one you need when it's loading. Think it's just Seat garages for Seat, Skoda for Skoda and VW for VW.

Then there is the Discover Pro, Columbus and Seat Plus file for the Mib2 High unit (same high unit packaged differently on the dash). So basically two updates for standard and high units every six months covers all brands. You get it from the first site offering it.

Then you have MIB2.5 with gesture controls, same series of uploads.... that's reassuring.

Thanks I had already download the file you linked to in post No 1005 in this thread so I'll get the 1030 instead from VW

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
Well on the VW Maps I downloaded there is no sign of the important files I need to replace with my old one

maps/EEC/EEC_WILD/OVERALL.NDS

Not that I can find anyway :no:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks I had already download the file you linked to in post No 1005 in this thread so I'll get the 1030 instead from VW

That is the latest file mentioned in post 1005.
Well on the VW Maps I downloaded there is no sign of the important files I need to replace with my old one

maps/EEC/EEC_WILD/OVERALL.NDS

Not that I can find anyway :no:

If it said 6P on the menu screen it's a MIB2 standard and it's this one

>>
8. Locate the /maps/EEC/EEC_WILD/OVERALL.NDS on your SD card and replace it with your original file of the same name from folder OldMaps on your Mac
<<

I would do a File manager search box look for it, top tight hand corner. Lots of people have been doing this upgrade since circa December 2016. You probably can't see it for looking.

I was a little surprised that yours was a MIB2 Standard with the date you gave but then you said the unit told you it was a 6P. If it's MIB1 it won't have it I reckon.

If you don't feel comfortable finding it in the directories and copying I wouldn't bother.

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
No I will get that file again I originally had from post 1005 - I had deleted that and downloaded the one from the VW site 1030 as I asumed it was different /newer.

I am OK with PCs and directories etc. I did all this kind of stuff with my old car and we had to generate a key with that but we had ONE location for the file and that was it. All these different locations of files etc are confusing

This is my screen here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?attachments/img_20181004_094129-jpg.1945/

Tell

Staff member
That is a Mib2 Standard.

All the files are the same if the serial number is the same whether you get it off any of the Vag servers. It's just one product for the standard, one for the high, released June and November each year. November release has the year ahead in the title. The ones like yours is the summer release of June 2016. 1030 is 2018/19.

John Young

Sep 15, 2018
OK I'll look again, I don't have my card from car yet I am just browsing through the new files I have downloaded to find that file before I tried to update.

I did search etc but no file found like the one I was looking for

OK re-downloaded file from post 1005 and the file OVERALL.NDS is there. Found it straight away exactly as described.

I must have downloaded the wrong file from VW as it does not even have a folder called maps to start its Markets

OK I just re-downloaded the VW file and the file is there to. I must have initially got the wrong file somehow :fool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Walone

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, regarding this version 1030 (Version Tiguan 2016). With my Leon 2015, i have the message "control of navigation data error" and i cannot start a destination, when i define a location, i have this message. Is anyone also have this message ? Maybe, if I download a v1030 Tiguan 2015 for example, could it be change something ? Do you think, there is a difference between v1030 Tiguan, or Golf or other type and year of VW car ..?

Attachments

• GPSL.JPG
    GPSL.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Silly question, but if I have MapCare I don't need to actually do anything other than is in the VW guide PDF?
And with this data below I need the file DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z right? It's for the 8" display (called ActiveBlack Panel here).

Car is only 2 months old but has the 915 version.
2hVnx4XABNHhO5gqA0W76dsfJTnA1aCHecpnBSjrsGBeEVOj7NkwoEOLao1xKNHzFCMdP2X076FX6pty5r-ZDMfwryR_7q1v3k4qwwYagHUrs6g3qG4FnBj1R3ap1AruUNCy8YtkxrA7TnDb50Qolq3ybtNPLSbtoRDpLypMe8XT8qsg8bCEuGqakl2JHQR8-NjJlivBs_4TI6LNCagjDerI_qjuQkUeFlcJ_aLDo5VixszH7qyCfKezD_sgcVnIZEYZJR8R-cTaAh13rxenUC3jJqBiHY2Sp2MCAh_gBj4m5QXBhYvAqHPKOEGRoFJqzziaSqyB8XivgZDj4XahUAompyq-orxM5q7_Ir2kwtaLWKzI7VP-FH8YGzgp4K2KHFCuJ0c64NmSagwXVONdZcAsViGlWXFHqiTCdRK0rPmlF1BvefPO7PnpaiPoHadcsAKbhhfA9GhjqHy3PZVvvYhVDWnBwSaek27wo_0rjiU0AER2PPKRmotMcXlR6-bScHqE5Z3QNpN_6bG0Z6hbbWd7HWqp3lWE0G1ZA9OGE-5SIZ0jzo1jPSTQSxT4sTydqV2H06vm8uljsJSQx-ltw9Tm-8FTKRgfKmD0kJBtATE2qLI4wX9KgL6CtN8P9mwykPWdSbkWiDN6I7eat3Ia5SjODVuFq5Doi-jywKR5ylK0eX6qatXgezrO2A=w1279-h720-no

Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Silly question, but if I have MapCare I don't need to actually do anything other than is in the VW guide PDF?
And with this data below I need the file DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2718_1030.7z right? It's for the 8" display (called ActiveBlack Panel here).

Car is only 2 months old but has the 915 version.
2hVnx4XABNHhO5gqA0W76dsfJTnA1aCHecpnBSjrsGBeEVOj7NkwoEOLao1xKNHzFCMdP2X076FX6pty5r-ZDMfwryR_7q1v3k4qwwYagHUrs6g3qG4FnBj1R3ap1AruUNCy8YtkxrA7TnDb50Qolq3ybtNPLSbtoRDpLypMe8XT8qsg8bCEuGqakl2JHQR8-NjJlivBs_4TI6LNCagjDerI_qjuQkUeFlcJ_aLDo5VixszH7qyCfKezD_sgcVnIZEYZJR8R-cTaAh13rxenUC3jJqBiHY2Sp2MCAh_gBj4m5QXBhYvAqHPKOEGRoFJqzziaSqyB8XivgZDj4XahUAompyq-orxM5q7_Ir2kwtaLWKzI7VP-FH8YGzgp4K2KHFCuJ0c64NmSagwXVONdZcAsViGlWXFHqiTCdRK0rPmlF1BvefPO7PnpaiPoHadcsAKbhhfA9GhjqHy3PZVvvYhVDWnBwSaek27wo_0rjiU0AER2PPKRmotMcXlR6-bScHqE5Z3QNpN_6bG0Z6hbbWd7HWqp3lWE0G1ZA9OGE-5SIZ0jzo1jPSTQSxT4sTydqV2H06vm8uljsJSQx-ltw9Tm-8FTKRgfKmD0kJBtATE2qLI4wX9KgL6CtN8P9mwykPWdSbkWiDN6I7eat3Ia5SjODVuFq5Doi-jywKR5ylK0eX6qatXgezrO2A=w1279-h720-no

Thanks
Yes that is correct if you have Mapcare, but make sure you back up your existing SD card anyway just in case.

Reactions: alpineSi

Tell

Staff member
Did you faithfully follow the instructions. It works for everybody bar 1, seems 2 now. As long as the files are not corrupted, you don't put them one directory down etc and you copy back that file to the correct place it will work for a Mib2 Standard showing the 6P. That's the "workaround" we are talking about if you haven't got mapcare and its mib2 standard.

Using a Mac can introduce random characters into downloads that's why VW introduced an alternative way of downloading the files... the "DiscoverCare" software although that's always later to show the most up to date download. The last instructions showed in numbered mode were for a Mac.

I don't believe there are any new real issues coming up but operator errors. Mib2.5 uses the same file structure so I'm not expecting anyone to find the workaround for the standard not to work with that. Be interested to hear when these filter through onto Seats.

Last edited:

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
I got the link sent to me from the dealer and tried that first. No joy, then found this thread on the forum. Tried again but no joy but it did work with the VW version. I'm using a PC not a MAC

Tell

Staff member
It means you got the latest standard VAG unit where the hack to the lack of Mapcare being provided in the UK works. There is no known workarounds to the lack of Mapcare on any other unit other than getting the unit hacked.... so us mere mortals drive around with the map showing we're in a field or off road if you have a 4Drive with the Mib2High. Can't beat off road driving on a new highway due to Seat UK Management being not with it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.