Cupra 300 exhaust noises

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
I've noticed since I’ve turned the fake sound off with Carista that all the DSG farts on upshift and pops/bangs on downshift sound like they are coming out of one side of the twin pipes (passenger side)
Now it might be due to my position in relation to the exhaust (as in sat diagonally to the one that I can hear the most) or the drivers side is not active enough?
Now what had got me thinking this is that one of the options I saw I Carista that was set to “Yes” was “Disable Active exhaust flap” or words to that effect??

Am I hearing it correctly due to position, or is something up?
If not and I am hearing it funny, Any idea what this option in Carista is doing then and why it’s set to yes by default?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The Cupra doesn't have active flaps.
The Golf R and S3 do in hatch form.

Not sure what that option does if anything - I don't have Carista.

Maybe it's just left over from the VW and Audi.
Hopefully someone can clarify for you with regards to the app.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: AshCupra300

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
The Cupra doesn't have active flaps.
The Golf R and S3 do in hatch form.

Not sure what that option does if anything - I don't have Carista.

Maybe it's just left over from the VW and Audi.
Hopefully someone can clarify for you with regards to the app.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah strange they would leave it there if redundant, I did a few google searches and couldn’t find anything other than for S3s

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
They leave redundant items there in Carista alright, I had options for sunroof changes on my old FR which didnt have a sunroof and I have cornering fog settings on my pre facelift Cupra 290 which doesnt have fogs. Have a look up the tail pipe, I saw a pic on here of someone who had what looked like a hairball stuck in the exhasut, its the lining of the muffler that has failed and blocked the pipe. Get someone to rev it while you stand behind the car and see if you can notice a difference that way.

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
They leave redundant items there in Carista alright, I had options for sunroof changes on my old FR which didnt have a sunroof and I have cornering fog settings on my pre facelift Cupra 290 which doesnt have fogs. Have a look up the tail pipe, I saw a pic on here of someone who had what looked like a hairball stuck in the exhasut, its the lining of the muffler that has failed and blocked the pipe. Get someone to rev it while you stand behind the car and see if you can notice a difference that way.

Nice one will do

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.